Just bought a 2012 Tahoe LTZ noticing i`m hearing the air ride pump alot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd just replace the airbag shocks if the pump is working. Later down the line you'll need to replace the pump too but since it just shocks for now not too bad.

OP
OP
I

ILOVELONGISLAND

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It’s a choice of having your vehicle limited to a top speed of 88 mph and overriding that system. The stability system being overridden from limp mode to balls out with hacked data fed through the stabilatrac is a hand you’ll be dealt one day or passed on to the next owner (and be responsible for).

It’s just a personal choice like committing a crime. Are you going to whine if you get caught or live by “if you do the crime, you’ll do the time”. Some never have a problem with hacking resistors into stabilatrac. Some whine, ***** and say it sucks because they can’t handle Jerry rigging something with unrealistic expectations.

Gotta man up, decide and commit to your decision. Either option has a lifetime guarantee. One pains for a moment, the other is a pita for a lifetime.
I just re read the thread from top to bottom, I will have my mechanic friend, test the shocks for leaks as you suggested and proceed accordingly

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
It’s kind of a Chevy or Ford thing. Everybody has an opinion. I run my family on the worst traffic in the world in LA. I have every safety precaution made

Last edited:

mike singleton

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Guys......... So the Tahoe I bought a few weeks ago has had several surprises... The latest seems to be the air ride pump, i can hear it, quite often..The other day I thought a helicopter was landing outside the truck, i turned off the ignition key and it dissapeared, The trucks got 125k on it. Any idea how long i can expect it to fail?? Did you guys do a conversion over to regular coil springs ????
Air Ride OEM Shocks are usually about 1K each but Arnotte Industries in FL has been great with reman's and brand new OEMs and they are usually about 350K each but well work it IMO - Jimmy Dean says "Dance with the one that brung ya".

mike singleton

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Guys......... So the Tahoe I bought a few weeks ago has had several surprises... The latest seems to be the air ride pump, i can hear it, quite often..The other day I thought a helicopter was landing outside the truck, i turned off the ignition key and it dissapeared, The trucks got 125k on it. Any idea how long i can expect it to fail?? Did you guys do a conversion over to regular coil springs ????
Also check DICMIC on Amazon for $133 each.

Rear Air Strut Shock Absorber Compatible with 2002-2014 Cadillac Escalade Chevy Avalanche Suburban Tahoe GMC Yukon Replace# 15756926​

Rick10Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I haven’t heard my air compressor pump run in years but ride is fine. Any thoughts? 2010 Tahoe LTZ

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Air Ride OEM Shocks are usually about 1K each but Arnotte Industries in FL has been great with reman's and brand new OEMs and they are usually about 350K each but well work it IMO - Jimmy Dean says "Dance with the one that brung ya".

1000$ each sounds really high. I replaced both rear air ride/mag ride z95 shocks for 300$ each, oem off rock auto.

i would honestly stay away from any of the cheap compatible kits. I wouldn't trust they are real. at that point just switching to a good quality plain shock might be better.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven’t heard my air compressor pump run in years but ride is fine. Any thoughts? 2010 Tahoe LTZ

it should do a self test at every start. if not you'd need to start troubleshooting. start with fuses and if it's getting power.

if you have a decent scanner you can access it, check the bag psi. activate the pump to check if it running and the vent. I think there's even fault codes for it.

my guess is it's probably dead. guys here seem to do OK Dorman replacement, but there's another company that makes them too. about the same prices.

if you don't tow anything or weight it down, it's probably not a huge deal. if you happen to have the mag ride with airbags and they at leaking fluid. those should be replaced

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bcope

Latest posts