Just got my amp/sub/custom box in! Opinion needed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK... So i've been wanting to get a little bass back in my life since I decided to sell my Z71 nbs tahoe WITH the system included (bad idea). So I decided to get myself a little Christmas present it all FINALLY came in the mail... The amp, sub, custom box, and amp kit came in (MINUS the RCA 17' foot cable that I thought was included in the amp kit... anyone got a spare?!) :emotions122:

Anyways,

I got a Kicker L7 10" sub (4 ohm DVC), a JL Audio 250/1 amp, and a custom box from some guy on ebay that Modded sent me the link too (Thanks btw!).

Here are stock pics of all the items... My question is, where should I place the amp? I really don't want to drill it into the car but that might be my best bet. I'm trying to go for the stealth/concealed look so I don't really want it out in the open but it looks like I might not have any other options. Any ideas anyone? I'll post pics when I open up all the packages tonight! and install pics when I get a damn RCA cable!

sub.gif
amp.gif

EDIT: Added new pics of my "stealth" system un-boxing and how it will look in the car.

sys1.gif
sys2.gif
sys3.gif
sys4.gif
sys5.gif
sys6.gif
sys7.gif
sys8.gif
sys9.gif
sys10.gif

Last edited:

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
amp looks small enough to fit right under second row seat

OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hm... looks like that seems to be the best spot. You guys don't think there will be any over-heating issues with this? So just drill/mount the amp down straight into the base of the seat?

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
yep, my 5 channel is living there, actually, inverted, UNDER the seat :) Not on the floor.

deangrell

Reaction score
Round hole, square sub. I'm going to assume these are all pictures you snagged off the websites and not pictures you took ;)

OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Round hole, square sub. I'm going to assume these are all pictures you snagged off the websites and not pictures you took ;)

Original post had stock pics... I just edited original post with all of -MY- pics.

And btw my goal was to add a LITTLE bass. When the square L7 came out first I had 3 12s on a punch power amp and it hurt my ears. Shortly after I went down to 1 10" L7 with a 500 wat rms amp (Lunar amplifier, local to LA) and it was too much. I ended up selling my nbs tahoe with system included.

I am also keeping my bose sub under my front center console. I realize the handling power of the sub is 4x the amps but I am looking for good clean Sound with deep bass, does that make sense?

---------- Post added at 02:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 AM ----------

@Everyone who said to put under my seat-- guys if you look where the RCA/power/ground cable will go, you will notice that there is literally no room to plug those cables in and have my seat down at the same time. It fits right now because the amp is not installed yet but once the cables go in, it will not fit. Any other suggestions?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dap365

Latest posts