Just got my amp/sub/custom box in! Opinion needed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
have to move amp to back...pics didnt post originally or I would agree, with RCA's you cant put it there.

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If those are the non-auto-fold seats, you can remove that cover and cut/drill as needed.

OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turn it around then. You can cut into what it's sitting on

Turned around it doesn't even sit flush in the spot. Trying to avoid cutting into seats... but that might actually look really clean but it won't sit flush in that spot turned that way.. only the other way...

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turned around it doesn't even sit flush in the spot. Trying to avoid cutting into seats... but that might actually look really clean but it won't sit flush in that spot turned that way.. only the other way...

I mean the floor under the seat... the REAL floor is the same contour as the "aisle"

OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ahhh i see.. ok well i'll post some install pics hopefully I can do what you're talking about... If anyone else has any ideas on a good "stealth" spot to put the amplifier, that would be great. thanks guys.

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ahhh i see.. ok well i'll post some install pics hopefully I can do what you're talking about... If anyone else has any ideas on a good "stealth" spot to put the amplifier, that would be great. thanks guys.

I'll go down and look and make sure next time I'm in one of the NNBS

OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cut a square piece of the carpet/plastic piece so it would sit flush with the rest of the carpet. thanks for the advice worked perfectly.

cwh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'd step that amp off the floor with a carpeted piece of 3/4" MDF. Then I'd scribe that amp contour into that plastic seat hinge cover. I'd use my dremel and have that amp partially molded into that plastic cover with the wiring concealed.

my 2 cents,

Chris

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dap365