Kill switch placement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92__silverado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about hiding in plain sight? Say your vehicle does not have factory fog lights. So you go to a junkyard, find a stock fog light switch and put it in the factory spot, wire it up to be a kill switch. Now you have a switch that is not a pain in the ass to get to, but would work perfect and who is going to think to push the fog light button when the doesn't start. Well except me...and you guys now.

92__silverado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you do it take some pics. i am interested to see how it comes out. It just kind of came to me thinking about a switch and making it look stock. I am kind of thinking of doing it now but since i already have fogs i might have to come up with something else.

OP
OP
destroyer1362

destroyer1362

A work in progress
Reaction score
I just saw this one in a ricer forum.. go figure. They wired it into the cigaret lighter. You take the lighter out when you leave your truck and it opens the circuit to the fuel pump relay and plug it back in to close the circuit. I am only mentioning this one because I don't think I'm doing it this way.. or am I?

1weasel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see how that would work because the cigarette lighter circuit is only closed when the lighter is pushed in, but then after it heats up, it opens when it gets hot enough and cut the fuel pump circuit. Or at least that's how I see it in my head.

92__silverado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see how that would work because the cigarette lighter circuit is only closed when the lighter is pushed in, but then after it heats up, it opens when it gets hot enough and cut the fuel pump circuit. Or at least that's how I see it in my head.

That seems correct i think there is only 12v going to it when it is pushed in. Kind of like if your phone charger gets bumped out a little it does not charge, it has to be all the way in making contact.

jdawg901

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well that wont work for me i dont smoke and i lost my lighter so i said the hell with the lighter the only thang that goes there now is my sat radio and cell charger ,i think my lighter fuse is blown anyway last i checked so i use the two aux plugs

Raja_the_one

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

basically the cigarette lighter will only be used for the kill

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So we would have to tap in to the fuel pump wire? Where is the easiest to do this at?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Footankleg