Leather patch kit or what?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k gee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Tahoe I am picking up today, has the drivers seat leather that is starting to split right on the side where you get in and out. It isn't too bad, but I'd like to help correct it before it gets worse and I see yellow foam.

Ideas?

Mike ((P))

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You can get a good leather patch kit and that will fix you right up, but I would also invest in nerf bars so that you won't continue to drag yourself over the same spot getting into the truck.

OP
OP
k gee

k gee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nerf bars? Sounds familiar, but I dunno. I just bought the Tahoe like this. Very small hole, but don't want it getting bigger.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just running boards. So you step on them and sit down in the seat instead of dragging in from ground level up

OP
OP
k gee

k gee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh yeah...wow had not heard that term in years. haha Yeah I want to get some running boards. My girl drives it, so I know she drags herself onto the leather.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it will help a good amount, especially if she is a little shorter. I have the same problem on my seats. Might try one of those leather patch kits, dunno though. Katzkins leather seems like a good buy too. If your seats are totally trashed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925