Leaving Ford Expedition Behind

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skydiver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am looking at the 2021-2022 Yukon/Tahoe Durmax models to move from my 2019 Expedition 4x4 XLT. I need more towing power with better mileage.
I bought my 2019 Expy with 50k miles and bought the 5y 60k mile extended warranty from a Ford dealer in Lombard Connecticut at a steep discount.
Beside the lack or power (5k Towing) I am also am tired of the horrendous Ford Dealers in my area (S Austin TX). That and with the problems I have been having with only 100k miles I have lost my confidence in the truck.

I am still searching for a Duramax equipped 2021-2022 4x4 with all the trailering options, and the 60/40 2nd AND 3rd row seats. I am hoping this will be my retirement truck. I usually drive my vehicles till the wheels are ready to fall off.

I am primarily looking for recommendations for extended warranty providers for the used GMC/Chevy options I can find, but would also like to hear opinions on anything else (longevity/problems with electronics, experience towing 25-30ft trailer trailers, etc). I have been a Ford guys since Highschool (Street racing 1970 Ford F100 w/429 Big Block in high school) and feel like I am cheating on my wife, but it turns out my wife was not what I expected and it is a toxic relationship.

I always had a secret crush on 60's Camaros

L8T BURB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am glad to see that you're making warranty a priority. From what I have heard from my local dealer who sells Chevy and Ford at the same dealership is that the Ford Care ESP is the best manufacturer backed program on the market. This was from speaking with the service managers of both Chevy and Ford. Chevy service manager conceded that GM is very lacking in their manufacturer backed ESP programs and that he wishes GM had a robust ESP like Ford does. That's not to say you may luck out and find an extended warranty for GM that may work for you on the 3rd party side of things, but generally speaking, the consensus is that the Ford Care ESP is head and shoulders above all else that's out there.

As much as you dislike the Expedition, I wouldn't jump to GM until you've got a SOLID warranty plan in place. Nothing beats peace of mind in knowing that if something goes wrong, you've got coverage for it.

Best of luck in your search!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dkohlhof