LED Fog Light Conversion for Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They aren't that bad in person, obviously my phone isn't the best for capturing night pics!

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on coming traffic will not be happy. Real fog light have a low flat bean to undercut the fog and lighten up the road. those lights in the fog would create a white curtain you couldn't see through. They would be best for work lights or aux rear lights.

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
Those are super nice, and great write up

Last edited:
OP
OP

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on coming traffic will not be happy. Real fog light have a low flat bean to undercut the fog and lighten up the road. those lights in the fog would create a white curtain you couldn't see through. They would be best for work lights or aux rear lights.

Or just turn them off when you have oncoming traffic on the road. Listing says a 60 flood angle, whatever that means...that seems slightly more appropriate for general lighting but should work well here too, as long as it doesn't blind people.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or just turn them off when you have oncoming traffic on the road. Listing says a 60 flood angle, whatever that means...that seems slightly more appropriate for general lighting but should work well here too, as long as it doesn't blind people.

Thanks for the write up!

Alright. I pulled the trigger on a pair of these. 880 fogs are a joke @ 27w. New glass housings with decent bulbs would cost significantly more than this, so I'm jumping on this option.

I got the 30* spots. They will be used more as an "off road light" in addition to my highs, with the 6HI mod. 1700lm 9005 highs + 2350lm 9011 lows + 2100lm led "fogs" should put out enough light on dark country roads I hope.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got one of them mocked up

Cost $28 for the two lights, $6 for kwikweld (no welder :( ), $6 for the plug pigtails.

IMAG1078.jpg
IMAG1076.jpg

IMAG1070.jpg

IMAG1072.jpg

Its just propped up in the fog light bucket in the bumper ATM, so not aimed @ all. Ill finish the wires with some heatshrink and split loom.

It came out more blue in the pics than to the naked eye I feel like.

OP
OP

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you feel about the lighting ability of the light? I was pretty impressed.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you feel about the lighting ability of the light? I was pretty impressed.

Hard to judge the way I had it situated(facing my garage with the doors open and outside and inside lights on) I wouldn't be surprised if it throws enough light to match my (4)highs. Which is worlds better than it was before. Considering the cost it really seems to throw plenty of light. I think that with the 30* spot style beam I can find a way to aim it low enough not to blind people. I'll still likely use it as an "off road" style light.

Once i get around to my HID retro this bad boy is gonna light up the night!

I have (4) 6" halogen 100w off road lights laying around too... Maybe I'll throw those behind the grille for fun. Totally unnecessary on this vehicle, but so was this mod I suppose.

My only misgivings with this setup is I'm not the biggest fan of 6000k, its more blue than I'd like. Ah well, if it bugs me I could paint the lens yellow or something.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925