LED in climate control question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZ Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I swapped out my cluster and climate control bulbs with LED's. I went with blue but did the climate control buttons in green. My question is I also got a red one for the deforst button but I could not figure out how to get to the bulb to replace it. Has anyone done this and if so whats the process?

Thanks

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I can remember , I thought it was a Twist off just like the others… I could be very wrong, I left mine alone What bulb did you buy for it out of curiosity

OP
OP
AZ Tahoe

AZ Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at it I can when removed you can not see where the bulb is. Its inside the unit but I am not sure how to get to it. If I were to gues I would need to seperate the casing somehow which if so I prob will not do. Its old and bridle. Not sure of the bulb I got the info for it off the write up for it on this forum

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im pretty sure that you do not need to Separate the Case Hold on i will find a Picture to help you out...

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

/here is a picture of mine and It looks different than what I remember, I know the black ones are All the LEDs for the lighting , I wonder if you could Pop the button out? Ill ask around on GMT400

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

2012-09-30_08-05-11_88.jpg

OP
OP
AZ Tahoe

AZ Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man. That it def what mine looks like. I have replace those top 4 bulbs with blue and the bottom 2 with green. The one for the defrost is under that plastic shown it the pic on the bottom right. I do need to buy a new control unit at some point as this one is broke and more than one place. I may need to just get the new one and then crack this one open to see how

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks man. That it def what mine looks like. I have replace those top 4 bulbs with blue and the bottom 2 with green. The one for the defrost is under that plastic shown it the pic on the bottom right. I do need to buy a new control unit at some point as this one is broke and more than one place. I may need to just get the new one and then crack this one open to see how

If thats the case then that might be your best bet , Sorry i couldn't help anymore , but as I said Maybe You can get to it Via the button itself

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pnut