LED Replacement, New DRL, and Under Dash Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vobarex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I was very annoyed about not having lights on the floors for at night, and the stock bulbs were annoying too, so I added some strip LED lights under the dash, and replaced ALL the stock bulbs. Also, have some cool looking DRL.

IMG_7222-1.gif

IMG_7224-1.gif

IMG_7227-1.gif

IMG_7226-1.gif

:hands:

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Yes those are the DRL not my headlights....just FYI!

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
Wow that's bright. Time to swap out the reverse lights for LEDs.

OP
OP
vobarex

vobarex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah I should replace the reverse lights, everything else is LED except those. Even the tail lights are LED. And hatch brake light, its LED too.

solored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good man, what products did you end up using? I was looking into redoing mine with some brighter LED's

OP
OP
vobarex

vobarex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I used superbrightleds.com for everything interior. For the overhead lights (regular dome, not reading lights) I used a 6 LED light, Everything else is 4 LED light. Except the doors, those are 1 LED lights. For the under the dash lights, I found them on ebay, just a strip of LED lights. All mine are white LEDS. Though they appear blue in the photos, they are pretty white.

solored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I used all ebay leds, there allright, i like the tinch of white they give off, but I want brighter for my puddles and dome lights.

Im thinking i will do the LED strips under the dash and under the front seats for the rears. I like the white, but curious about the "UV" purplish, but not to gay of a purple still white... I havent seen any yet for interior. might just order them all up. I want to do that color for all my door swhitches and misc panel lights as well.

Looks good though man. Nice and clean.

OP
OP
vobarex

vobarex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The UV Purple is coming from the DRL, and they are these ones....

everything INSIDE the hoe, is white LED, not blue or purple. I think i got some light bleed at night with those DRL on. Also my perimeter lights are LED too.

Heres a link to the DRL

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-0...let|Model:Tahoe|Year:2005&hash=item41567d1d9a

---------- Post added at 07:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 AM ----------

Oh and my DRL are blacked out too, not chrome. And really i only did this for the floor lights, so stupid they were not in there stock.

bkboatnsleds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you like the quality of those bumper lights? They look nice on line - Do you have a photo of the front of your truck? I think these are finally something I like ..

Thanks!!!!

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

OH - also - do your blinkers flash properly?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete315

Latest posts