LED taillights Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CLEAR

Reaction score
Just got in my smoked led taillights from ebay. They are the x3 racing ones. I like the look alot but they dont fit so well. They have too much gap at the top and bottom. I can move them up so the top looks nice but then their is a 1/2 inch gap at the bottom. Anyone else notice this or have a fix?

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

not mine but a good pic of the gap

Suburban-rear-light-2.gif

M3PO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate to say it, and I know its not the popular vote around here; but thats why I don't like a lot of the after market stuff. I am fine with looks and that, but not at the sacrifice of function/reliability.

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does your gap look exactly like the one you posted? Because the one you posted can be fixed by just loosening the screws and adjusting a little higher. I have the same ones in clear and mine fit just fine.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate to say it, and I know its not the popular vote around here; but thats why I don't like a lot of the after market stuff. I am fine with looks and that, but not at the sacrifice of function/reliability.

x2, so far why I am still stock.

adrianb

Reaction score
I can move them up so the top looks nice but then their is a 1/2 inch gap at the bottom. Anyone else notice this or have a fix

If they are too small, they are too small. You can't do anything to make them grown.

As you said, you could scoot them all to the top and find some trim piece to fill the bottom, but that sounds pretty ghetto.

I would check with your seller, see if they have any ideas or return them.

IMO the LED add isn't worth it if your truck starts looking like a poorly made patchwork quilt.

2005yukonxl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ours fit perfectly....like kman's above. no gap around ours, they fit like a stock lens would....

not sure if this was the issue or not, but when we ordered the seller said there was a delay because an entire shipment was shipped defective and they had to be re ordered. perhaps they had a bad mold? i'd talk to the seller...no way a light should have that sort of gap around it...

photo1199.jpg

here's ours....ours as well or perhaps better than stock. theres no reason for the gap in that first pic...other than a poorly made light.

aftermarket equipment is great, if its made well. and most of these lights are. its not patchwork anything, i'd even say the poorly fitting LED ones look tons better than the dated poorly designed tri color stock units :)

Last edited:

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same ones and they fit perfect. Like adrianb said, check with the seller and see if you can get another pair.

Or just return them and buy from a different place.

E4L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the LED tail lights anyone no where to get them? Thanks

riso79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am on my second set of them from X3 racing through eBay and did notice a little gap but could even them out and never noticed it again. that top pic could be adjusted out if they tried.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuchie_goddess