Lets talk brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got R1 premium rear roters and posi quite pads. Will install them Sunday and let u know the results

^^^this! Hit up clkelley and get them at a great price

Freedom Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your absolute easiest most cost effective way to upgrade your brakes for the long term is this. First, get stock replacement calipers from your local auto parts store to replace them. Then for the front discs and pads, R1Concepts Premium cross drilled and slotted rotrs and Posi Quiet ceramic pads. Then let me help you with an SSBC rear drum to disc conversion kit. While the install has a difficulty rating of medium to high, it is a turn key kit with the quess work taken out of the equation. Quality products designed specifically for your truck, not pieced together. You WILL have a more satisfying upgrade experience that will last.

Let me know if I can show how much you would save on a set up like this with your forum member discounts.

OP
OP
C

clownracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your absolute easiest most cost effective way to upgrade your brakes for the long term is this. First, get stock replacement calipers from your local auto parts store to replace them. Then for the front discs and pads, R1Concepts Premium cross drilled and slotted rotrs and Posi Quiet ceramic pads. Then let me help you with an SSBC rear drum to disc conversion kit. While the install has a difficulty rating of medium to high, it is a turn key kit with the quess work taken out of the equation. Quality products designed specifically for your truck, not pieced together. You WILL have a more satisfying upgrade experience that will last.

Let me know if I can show how much you would save on a set up like this with your forum member discounts.

yea please shoot me a pm.....i do want to upgrade to the big 2500 series front calipers though everything else pads/rotors will be 1500

Freedom Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For anyone who may be interested in the pricing of the parts quoted from this thread, I have posted what I sent him below. The prices shown are good for shipping anywhere in the lower 48 states. That being said, I advised in a previous message that due to core charges, etc. He would save money by obtaining the 3/4 ton calipers and parts from his local auto parts store.

clkelley said:
I have the first part of your quote ready for you. This part of the quote provides everything you need to upgrade your stock parts with better bolt on replacement parts for the front discs and rear drums. This includes the Premium cross drilled and slotted rotors, Posi Quiet ceramic pads for up front ((It would be cheaper for you to obtain the 3/4 ton calipers and brackets locally due to the core charges, etc where calipers are concerned)) R1Concepts rear drum hardware, wheel cylinders, and brake adjustment hardware for both sides, plus the drums and shoes. The quote below is a shipped quote. Please note that the rear drums quoted are standard but are available in Premium grade and in Black, Red, Blue, Silver and Yellow powder coating for $179.80 base price (where the drums below are priced at $134.40).

The price below is for everything shipped. I will have your quote for the SSBC/R1Concepts parts soon, I am waiting to hear back from SSBC on the shipping because I order directly from the Manufacturer. I am going to quote their Big Bite cross drilled and slotted rotors for the best performance, but for $50 less you can have their standard cross drilled and slotted rotors. They also offer powder coating for the rotors for an added $100 in black and red. Otherwise they come in a regular finish. When I send the quote I will show all the options.

Your basic R1Concepts replacement quote is below.

Thanks

Chris

Title: GMC YUKON 4WD 1994 Front Brake Pads - Posi Quiet Ceramic
Sku: 105.03690
Desc: Ceramic Formula & Scorched
$47.55 (axle set)

Title: GMC YUKON 4WD 1994 Rear Brake Shoes - R1 Concepts Severe Duty
Sku: 112.06750
Desc: Severe Duty Brake Shoes
$33.45 (axle set)

Title: GMC YUKON 4WD 1994 Front Brake Rotors - Cross-Drilled & Slotted
Sku: PDS.66009
Desc: Premium Series Rotors - Cross-Drilled & Slotted
$171.82 (pair)

Title: GMC YUKON 4WD 1994 Rear Wheel Cylinder Kits
Sku: 144.66002
Desc: Wheel Cyl Kits
$4.85 (each) X 2

Title: GMC YUKON 4WD 1994 Rear Premium Wheel Cyl
Sku: 134.66018
Desc: Premium Wheel Cyl
$15.30 (each) X 2

Title: GMC YUKON 4WD 1994 Rear Drum Brake Hardware
Sku: 118.62027
Desc: Drum Brake Hardware
$11.23 (each) X 2

Title: GMC YUKON 4WD 1994 Rear Brake Drums - Standard
Sku: 123.66021
Desc: Standard Brake Drum
$134.40 (pair)

Enter Coupon Code CK10

* All orders over $99 qualify for FREE SHIPPING via UPS Ground within the 48 States only

Subtotal: $449.98
Promotional Savings:
--ck10 (ckelley affiliate 10%) -$45.00

Total: $404.98

clkelley said:
I have your total shipping quote prepared for you. Check out the quoted packages below in detail and let me know if you have any questions. The prices actually quoted below are the retail prices, so make sure when choosing your package, subtract 10% from what is shown for your shipped quote.

I look forward to hearing back about which kit you think will suit you best.

Have a great day!

Chris
R1Concepts Performance Rotors & Pads
CLICK HERE To View Their Online Catalog

Title: GMC YUKON 4WD 1994 Front Brake Pads - Posi Quiet Ceramic
Sku: 105.03690
Desc: Ceramic Formula & Scorched
$47.55 (axle set)

Title: GMC YUKON 4WD 1994 Front Brake Rotors - Cross-Drilled & Slotted
Sku: PDS.66009
Desc: Premium Series Rotors - Cross-Drilled & Slotted
$171.82 (pair)

R1Concepts Subtotal: $219.37

SSBC Single Piston rear Disc Brake Conversion Kit
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE KIT

W/ Standard Rotors = $1102.95 Shipped

Powder Coat Rotor Upgrade PLEASE NOTE: All orders including powder coating are delayed by 3-6 weeks due to the current levels of orders being placed.

Red Powder Coat = $100
Black Powder Coat = $100

Turbo Slotted Rotor Upgrade (non drilled) $50

Big Bite Cross Drilled & Slotted Rotor Upgrade $100
==============================================================================

The Sub Totals Below Include the R1Concepts and the SSBC Upgrades.

Sub Total W/ Standard SSBC Rotors $1322.32 (w/ Powder Coating $1422.32 Retail)

Sub Total including the Turbo Slotted rotors $1372.32 (w/ Powder Coating $1472.32 Retail)

Sub Total including the Big Bite Drilled & Slotted Rotors $1422.32 (w/ Powder Coating $1522.32 Retail)

I offer a 10% Forum Member discount. So subtract 10% from the combination you would be interested in and you have your shipped price for your package.

Regardless of the brake package you choose, to place your order, send me your exact shipping street address and email address and I will send you a Paypal email invoice that you can use to make your payment with your credit, debit or Paypal account for your security. Just let me know which package you prefer and we'll get you taken care of.

Thank you for allowing me to put this quote together for you. Have a great day!

Chris

OP
OP
C

clownracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i ended up cheaping out because im doing a sas in the spring and al that craps gonna be diffrerent

did 2500(8500gvw) calipers
autozone gold pads(1500)
plain jane rotors(1500)

the brakes are much better but stil not great when i do the sas im gonna do a 14bolt rear at the same time and get discs back there and as far as the front im going with r1 rotors ebc pads and whatever are the biggest damn calipers i can get on there

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
bigger calipers doesnt always mean better stopping power. Hydroboost is the cheapest but yet more effective way on getting those tires to lock up.

OP
OP
C

clownracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bigger calipers doesnt always mean better stopping power. Hydroboost is the cheapest but yet more effective way on getting those tires to lock up.

i have hydroboost these brakes are nowhere close to locking up my 35s

bigger calipers are more efficient its physics

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus