Lift Kit for 2WD Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

atothez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just got a 2005 Z71 that is 2WD. I want to get a moderate lift for it and was wondering if I need to go with keys and spacers or spindles and spacers?

Does it matter?

Thanks in advance

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep from 2000-2004 NBS made z71 with the silver/gold badge on the C Pillar that were only 4x4. In 2005-2006 they made 2wd versions and changed their badge to black/silver/red and if it was 4x4 then it would have that in the badge, whereas the 2wd just said 'z71'.

slick2500

Reaction score
But my question is why would you want a 2wd with the offroad package? That makes as much sense as putting a screen door on a submarine.

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
Spindles. Will ride a lot better you will thank Me. You can install keys but just don't crank them. Your ride will suffer. And ICON. Makes replacement shocks for the front!

OP
OP
A

atothez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ordered spindles, rear spacers and went with bilstine shocks. Will get read sway bar extenders next. Thanks for the updAte z-56 I didn't even think about icons until I saw your post which would have been after I bought my other shocks.

I am also looking to do a full update to the front suspension since my burb has age. Does anyone have input on what other 2wd suspension parts will need updating on a 90,000 mile burb?

MRS.Z-56_Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was talking to the hubby last night on the couch while he posted on this, and we both agree maybe new Timkin hubs , Moog makes a improved upper control arm ( for a tad bit more ) pitman and idler arms, I know on my tHow he first did spacers but ended up swapping to a rough country 6" spring in the rear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaintMiles

Latest posts