Liftgate Motor Support Strut Part Number

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coz3z3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello!

I am trying to replace the lift support on the actual motor of the Liftgate. I cannot find a general replacement for it. I have found the GM part which is 15836293. I can find it on GM sites and Rockauto for about $60. I would like to find a lesser expensive one like Stabilus and so on. I have already replaced the outer ones (left and right), and I feel my motor one is actually causing my issue I am having. I have found a Stabilus (#3B855420) on O'Reilly. This one has the length from what I can tell, but my concern comes in with the overall diameter of the support. It says it is 3/4" diameter. Which is about the size of the outer struts. My motor strut is very much smaller. Which, I am also curious if the load support it is capable of, is incorrect. And should the Stabilus one be correct? Would like some confirmation on the actual size and maybe an interchange part number? Thank you all!

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@915_Tahoe is the parts guru. He’ll need part of your VIN. The good news is if you get the cheaper one at Ok’Reiley you can try it in the parking lot and return it if needed. You can also go to a local wrecking yard to look for a used one. $60 for a new one is pretty cheap based on how long your current one lasted.

OP
OP
C

coz3z3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah, I am not opposed to it. I just found it surprising that I couldn't find one right away. And like I stated, I can't find the actual size of it anywhere. Mine is significantly smaller than the outer left and right. I would like to confirm that with anyone as well. I thought about the junkyard too as there is a Yukon in there currently. Just haven't been able to make my way down there. And exactly, if it doesn't work, then just walk it right back inside to return it. Thanks for the reply! Hopefully he will chip in as well. Probably try to call the dealer today too for a couple other little things needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Budzy24