lifting help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccvikes11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am a poor college student with a vision, if you look at my pictures you can see that the top of my truck looks alright, but my only problem is it need to be bigger. how can i lift my truck cheap. im open to all suggestions. and i thank you in advance for your contributions.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3" body lift, crank the stock keys about 2" and add a 1-2" block out back. Do the work your self and this should cost no more than a couple hundred bucks....less the tires

OP
OP
ccvikes11

ccvikes11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thanks man one more question where are the keys and how do i crank them

BattelWagun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are two bolts located in a crossmember near the midpoint of the truck. You should see two long steel rods going into them (torsion bars). All you need to do is tighten those two bolts, 1 per side. Just make sure you keep track of how much you crank them and make sure the truck is level. You'll also probably need an alignment too after. Putting the blocks in isn't hard at all, pretty straightforward.

OP
OP
ccvikes11

ccvikes11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thank you for your input, where should i buy the blocks and what kind should i get.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hate to go off the topic but where did you get that roof rack an how much im lookin for one now an the place i went was talking like 900 bucks wtf?

OP
OP
ccvikes11

ccvikes11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
im not sure how much it cost because i got it for my birthday but when i get back from vacation saturday night ill let you know who manufactured it.

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Autozone and pepboys type auto stores sells lift/drop blocks.

Just besure to recheck ubolt tightness after a day or so of driving. The stretch and will loosen up considerably... this will put you in a ver dangerous situation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968