Long Haul with boat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JKeller

Reaction score
The boat is a 29 foot Velocity VR 1. A go fast style. It sits fairly high has a small cabin. You can google it and get an idea. I would guess that it has less wind resistance then a boxy travel trailer. The 22 mpg is the combined mpg. I hauled the boat to Lake George and returned empty. Without the boat I usually get 28 to 29 mpg. Could do better but I have a heavy foot.

Padraig
Thanks this is good information. I may have to give one of these diesels a try...

OP
OP
P

Padraig

Reaction score
2021Yukon SLE looking to add an aftermarket power lift gate.

Has anyone installed one of these?

I am leaning towards this one.

I'd recommend all 4. Bilstein shocks have a very nice compromise that would tend to impress Goldilocks -
better control yet not too stiff.
If 4600 turns out to not be stiff enough to control the heavy 22s, 5100 have more control, and are not too much stiffer.

IF you used the correct actuator, it's possible you might have put it on with the door set the opposite direction.
you can try letting it self recalibrate by either pulling the hvac fuse or disconnect the battery
in either case after doing so just turn the key to run and give it a few seconds to calibrate, if you listen carefully you should hear all the doors moving back and forth then stop
if that does not work then you might need a scanner to do it or you purchased the wrong actuator, some of them look identical but are not for that location. like you could have bought one for the rear instead.

I appreciate go-fast boats..... ( My old job when I lived in San Francisco Bay Area)
Nice job. Is Howard Arneson?

Padraig

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice job. Is Howard Arneson?

Padraig
Yup.... I was with him before, during & after he invented his Surface drives.....
And the development using turbine power,,,, ( Lots'a power / less weight )

Attachments

• thumbnail_40 Ft flames.jpg
    thumbnail_40 Ft flames.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Arni toy.jpg
    Arni toy.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 5671.jpeg
    5671.jpeg
    194.5 KB · Views: 1
OP
OP
P

Padraig

Reaction score
Always admired Howard. A great man. I am envious. Would have loved to meet him. Even better would have been a fast ride, with him. My Velocity was left in the good hands of Saris Racing.

Padraig

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PGas32