Long Travel Kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5StarCustmSolutns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outside of custom suspension setups there still aren't any true, blue long travel kits, but King and more importantly Icon both now have suspension kits for our trucks. Icon has a real comprehensive kit consisting of the 4 2.5 series coilover lift shocks, upper control arms, and rear toe links. They also offer reservoir shocks, but for some reason those aren't available as a kit. So it's still not going to be a trophy truck, but you should be able to startle a few Raptor boys.

Side note SDI offers a universal reservoir upgrade allowing you to add an electronically adjustable reservoir to any reservoir shock.

For current and/or future readers.. Been looking at/for Long Travel Suspension parts and systems that fit the 2007-2013 GM 1500 4wd or GMT900 platforms for about 6wks now..

Front end- I can't think of any IFS or steering part: Long Travel, Mid-travel, or OE that is not cross compatible between 07-13 within all GM 1500/half ton SUV's and trucks? Front spindles/steering knuckles and hubs are 2wd and 4wd specific, but other than that I believe they are all cross compatible...
Moreover, a lot of the front end suspension and steering parts from 1999-2018 are cross compatible. There are a handful of parts that are compatible back to 1988 and up to 2022. You just have to dig around for confirmation. I have to think for most this isn't an impulse buy, take your time, learn what you are buying, how it functions, why you need it
Rear end- After 6-7wks of research, most of that dedicated to the best rear end suspension setup, IMHO, the best setup, FOR THE $$, w/o moving the gas tank, truly depends on what you're intentions are! Simply replacing the coil springs with a variable/progressive rate pair and replacing the shocks w/a high end set of the proper length and valving will work wonders. But it has limitations, most setups do. The Panhard/Track bar causes rear axle to swing on an arc which affects pinion angle, etc... However it will give you considerably more travel.
If you need extreme travel, and don't want to move gas tank, I recommend: Reverse Triangulated 4-link w/2-stage rear coil-overs. What's that? Why? Whats it do? Look it up, you'll be glad you did. Pretty rare, and it has it's issues/limitations also, but IMHO a couple degrees of departure angle loss is less risky than lateral pinion angle loss? Here's a glimpse at one in this 10 second video:

If you're willing to move the gas tank, then: Short Course Link the rear, bring shocks up into the cabin and seal them off for dust/water. There is a possible option for Avalanche and Esc EXT owners of extending shocks into the chassis reinforcement cavity space under the sail panels, in front of the bedside storage boxes; but that is a LOT of work also

The info is out there. But it requires time....and going past page 1 of search results.....actually, past page 10 is more realistic

Happy to answer questions. May not be instant answer as it's hard to build and enjoy a serious off-road suspension when you're online lol.... but as long as we have internet and I'm still breathing I'll make it back to this site!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wvdg