lookin to replace the muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redemn93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I wanted when I was looking for a muffler. I took my time and did a lot of searching, and I found the perfect deal (IMO). I got a brand new Thrush - Welded muffler for $42, and it souds great! Perfect throaty sound at low RPMs, but quiet when at steady speeds - NO DRONE! The quality is great, the sound is great, the price is Awesome!

what part number did you get? do you have a sound clip?

bahollis

Lead Foot
Reaction score
All I have is my iPhone for recording, but I'll try to make a sound byte today with the engine off, and then started up. I'll try to do one under acceleration on the highway too. I have the 15666 Magnaflow Cat-Back setup.

BH

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what part number did you get? do you have a sound clip?

All that matters is the inlet and outlet size/offset/quantity that you want. Part number isn't necessary. Here's a link for you: http://www.google.com/products?q=thrush+welded+muffler&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&scoring=p

You can see how cheap they are cost wise, and the fact that they're welded & aluminized, chambered mufflers let's you know that they're a quality product. All that matters is how they sound to you.....and I am totally in love with the sound. I honestly can't believe how satisfied I am with the outcome. I was willing to accept drone, and any tone it produced, just based on the quality and savings value, but after welding it up, I was shocked to hear it sounded perfect! It's only deep in the torque curve, the higher the RPMs climb, the quieter it gets. (Note, I still have stock manifolds and cats)

I can hook you up with some sound clips I guess. What do you want to hear? In cab, outside, what?

Last edited:

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's saying I have to log in to hear it.

OP
OP
BubZX

BubZX

Reaction score
finally got my muffler put on. went to my muffler guy and talked to him...what he suggested was a magna flow knock off muffler. its from a place called full bore. they do flow master and magna flow knock offs. the muffler sounds great. has a nice mid level deep tone just like i was lookin for. has great sound comin up thru the gears and once u hit over drive its only slightly louder than stock was. as far as drone there slim to none. at 75 mph cruisin its barely louder than te stocker was but when ur on the gas and at WOT it sounds amazing... i did the work my self. i cut the stocker off with a sawzall and he gave me an 8in piece of pipe and a 45 degree elbow and 4 clmaps. i got all that plus the muffler for $60 bux and took me all of 20 mins. but i have access to my dads garage and his lift so that helped a good bit in savin time.

the muffler mumber is MF1229 and its a 14 in body and 20 in over all it has the center in and offset to left and fully reversible. it gained a some overall performance and just sounds over all great thru all RPM ranges. thx to all who chimed in on the thread..

o yea its all satinless steal and fully welded muffler.. great quality and design

http://www.fullboarexhaust.com/PDFs/MAX-FLOW-pdf.pdf

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jglynn83