Looking at getting a CB radio...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
I have been looking around at Cb's for a month now and im somewhat hooked....I was just wondering how many others use them used to have them got them in the Caddy/Kon/Hoe etc

Reasons:
1) Good way to avoid traffic
2) Nice to find where the LEOs are hiding out at
3) weather alerts etc seems like something nice to have while on the fly
4) it'd look sick with my new rims....
ce90844f.jpg
last one its just plain fun!!!!

what im looking at
Cobra 29LX 40 Channel 4 Color LCD CB Radio
showpic.jpg

***EDIT***
just noticed that was my 2000th post cool lol

Thanks,
-Garry

Last edited:

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what $ range you looking at?
I have 2 ranger 2950dx's, both work perfect.
http://www.hamuniverse.com/ranger10meterhamradios.html
Mine are the older models with the orange backlit screen. With a simple LED change you can have what ever color you want.

Dont let that nonsense about not legal for CB use scare ya away. its simply due to the ranger puts out 25watts stock.

OP
OP
01HDtahoeNJN

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
well nothing to crazy...I was looking to stay under $100 since theres other more important mods to do...found this cobra for 89.00..not sure though may look for a compact one to fit in where the cd holder is.. :shrug:

MedicalCowboy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Very nice bud, I'd go for it! I've also been looking for a smaller cb to fit where the cassetter player is.

jplinville

Reaction score
If you mount it there, you'll need an external speaker to be able to clearly hear the transmissions.

I currently have two Cobras, one in my F250 and the other in my Exploder. I haven't found the right one for the Tahoe yet. best place to look isn't online, but at truck stops. They generally have information about local CB repair places that will help you tune your antenna so that you get optimal reception.

I personally prefer the older, solid state units over the new, more electronic ones. Analog signal meters, chrome, etc., take me back to the days when I'd ride shotgun with my dad, when he'd go on his fishing trips.

You may be able to mod the console at shin level with an external speaker mounted inside the console. There may be enough room to mount the radio and ext. speaker inside there. See about cutting a hole in the side and covering it with an attractive speaker cover. Just an idea...

Also, decide if you want one with a PA output...You can hook a loudspeaker under the hood somewhere and use it to piss people off....LMAO

Last edited:
OP
OP
01HDtahoeNJN

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
Very nice bud, I'd go for it! I've also been looking for a smaller cb to fit where the cassetter player is.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-COBRA-19-ULTRAIII-CB-RADIO-RADIO-COMPACT-/400252434344?pt=US_CB_Radios&hash=item5d30e777a8#ht_4430wt_1168

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

You may be able to mod the console at shin level with an external speaker mounted inside the console. There may be enough room to mount the radio and ext. speaker inside there. See about cutting a hole in the side and covering it with an attractive speaker cover. Just an idea...

Also, decide if you want one with a PA output...You can hook a loudspeaker under the hood somewhere and use it to piss people off....LMAO

Oh dont worry im on that like donky kong bruh..ahaha

im going to regularly scare the CRAP out of ppl...not pedestrians just friends family etc..1st on my list lil sis and her friends haha

MedicalCowboy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the link bud I appreciate it, I also found an old cobra ltd classic on craigslist I'm looking at... decisions decisions lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52