looking for a smoother ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigemike

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 05 yukon slt 4x4 and it rides rough on the country roads going to our camper. I am coming from an 06 f150 I traded in. But this truck feels alot stiffer. I would saccrifice a little corner speed to get a little more of a soft ride.

OP
OP
B

bigemike

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
it has 50k miles, stock everything, its a cream puff. But it rides a little sprung for my taste. I had good luck with edelbrock ias on my jeep zj, but I didn't know if anyone was using them here

CEN2MENTAL95

Banned
Reaction score
I have Bilsteins on my ride.....a bit stiffer than stock but very compliant.....from what I understand these trucks ride a bit rough (but what SUV doesn't, really?)

there is a guy on here who recently replaced his bilsteins with skyjacker hydro shocks and claimed they were softer than stock.

OP
OP
B

bigemike

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yeah I am not looking for stiffer for sure, it rides like a rock, the ford truck was very smooth compared to the yukon. So anything I can do to make it smoother would be better

CEN2MENTAL95

Banned
Reaction score
Hmm very interesting...I have driven one ford truck in my life, an 05 expedition Eddie Bauer owned by my coworker that he bought new and had until 150k. I drove it and frankly IMO it rode like ass compared to my Tahoe so I guess ride is subjective

Edit: I also drove an 02 mountaineer 2 years ago....wasn't impressed then either

I would look into getting some sort of air shock At this point if I was you

OP
OP
B

bigemike

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok I will try that, duh I should of thought of that, i guess they where getting me ready for the ride a set of 20's would give :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaintMiles

Latest posts