Looking for general exhaust help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
Im throwing around a couple ideas. I'm gonna cut off the stick dual in single out muffler and am debating on:

1) put a y pipe and run a flow master 40 series

2) finding a dual in single out flow master

Will the y pipe reduce sound at all? And if I just do a muffler swap most are dual 2.5" in and single 3" out, would it hurt sound to weld a 3" to 2.5" adapter on? The stock exhaust on my 6.0 is 2.5" right?

mmeachem

Reaction score
Why a dual in single out

Wouldn't it be the other way around

My suggestion is to talk to a neighborhood exhaust place like Meineke or Midas and have them give some ideas on what to buy then buy it and bring to them for installation

-Michael

HiMileage

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey there Jonah,

I would recommend muffler with dual in and single out. I did this on a previous Yukon, put on magnaflow dual in single out. Had to cut the two inlets at different points in order to angle over to match the centerline difference on the new muffler (3" centers vs. 4", or whatever it was). If yo do add a Y pipe instead, I don't think it will change the sound. My ears anyway wouldn't notice. As far as the current diameter, I can't help you there. Do you have access to a caliper or even put a clamp or vice grips on the pipe & measure between the jaws?

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

Why a dual in single out

Wouldn't it be the other way around

My suggestion is to talk to a neighborhood exhaust place like Meineke or Midas and have them give some ideas on what to buy then buy it and bring to them for installation

-Michael

99 and older Yukons had dual in, 2-1/4" I believe, and single 3" out.

OP
OP
Jonah52

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
I'm on vacation right now do I don't. Im just trying to find the simplest and cheapest way to do this.

Also the stock muffler on my 05 6.0 is dual in, single out. I like single exit better anyways.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgy