Looking to buy a work truck. Need expert assistance.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

makintoshnex

Reaction score
Most high mileage suvs will have oil leaks. With the exception of the rear main seal, all oil leaks are easy to fix.

I would not be afraid of buying a high milage suv with oil leaks as long as the oil pressure is good. Low oil pressure could be bad, bad bearings.

Most oil leaks are from the
Valve covers
Oil pan gasket
Oil cooler lines
Valley pan gasket
Crankshaft seal
Rear main seal the most expensive
How good are Suburban 2500 with 8.1 displacement?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$4-5K is near scrapyard prices here in Florida for that kind of truck.

Might look for a heavy half-ton, GMT800 pickup with 8 lug wheels to handle your weights. If memory serves, the crew cabs could be had with the 6.5 foot bed.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
How good are Suburban 2500 with 8.1 displacement?
I don't know much about those 8.1 engines but have heard they are good to 250k miles. A friend of mine bought a 2500 silverado several years ago and had several small issues.

It would burn a quarter of oil every 5k miles and it devop a lifter tick. If you do end up getting one, try to get a low mile vehicle with no more than 130k miles on it.

OP
OP
M

makintoshnex

Reaction score
I think this one should do better.
Description from seller:
6.0 liter with rare barn doors. 200,000 miles, Runs great recent trip to Chicago and back last college trip. No longer need kids all grown just have it sitting. Bluetooth stereo all new speakers.
Has typical Chevy rust rear quarter panels & rockers 1000013436.png