Looking to purchase..need help & info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

DodgeDude99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
LT can have luxury package which gives you push button start. Heated seats heated steering wheel. Entertainment options. Premier adds options for cool seats, HUD, fancy covers for center console area, wireless charging, and magnetic ride suspension.
Does the HUD get distracting?

The magnetic ride suspension just says I’m going to be expensive when it breaks.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does the HUD get distracting?

The magnetic ride suspension just says I’m going to be expensive when it breaks.
You can change the brightness on my HUD to make it disappear. I like the ride, so I’ll take the hit if it happens on magnetic ride.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can also delete the magnaride if desired, but that only comes on the higher trims like High Country, Denali, etc. Look for RPO code Z95 to identify magnaride.
High Country in 15-20?

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can look up the Chevy brochure on line for each year and it will show what comes standard on each trim model as well as options which is many. it is a very difficult question to answer what does LT, LTZ for 16-17, Premier for 18-20, RST come with. I do research as well. Good luck with your decision. 2015 was the first year on the new model year and they had some problems. As others have stated 18-20 would be a safer bet as far as years to purchase.

Coveman

Reaction score
NCan the AFM be deactivated via a hand held tuner? (I have an ‘06 Charger that I have a Diablosport, & can turn off Dodges version of it via the tuner).

I dad had A ‘84 Caddie Eldorado with 4-6-8 motor, never had any issue with it, but I don’t think it ever switched from 8.
Not as many problems with AFM on the 2014+ trucks but documented frequent oil changes is good insurance. No, you cannot tune out AFM with a hand held scanner but you can get an OBD2 device to disable it (it stays plugged in while driving). AFM delete is much more involved and removes the hardware from the engine. Black bear performance recommends the AFM be disabled for the 2013 and earlier trucks.

tooleyondeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
High Country in 15-20?
Yooo I just looked it up, and this is some Mandela effect shiii lol... Silvys had it since 14 I guess I never paid attention to K2 Tahoes trim levels. I know for a fact I've seen them w HC badges lol. Learn something new everyday.

Last edited:

gtrslngrchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People need to stop repeating that AFM cannot be tuned out via a handheld SCANNER when people ask about handheld TUNERS. It absolutely can and that reminds me that I need to sell the Hypertech that came with my Denali for that specific purpose.

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can the AFM be deactivated via a hand held tuner? (I have an ‘06 Charger that I have a Diablosport, & can turn off Dodges version of it via the tuner).

I dad had A ‘84 Caddie Eldorado with 4-6-8 motor, never had any issue with it, but I don’t think it ever switched from 8.
Yes, diablosport tuner can remove AFM and speed limiter, plus control pedal sensitivity and tire size -it will not tune 10 speed though. The 6.2 is worth every penny. The burb/XL is better on highway stability wise, but the shorter body is still good. Get a 18-20 Denali or RST WITH RST PERFORMANCE PKG; some RSTs still have 5.3 which isn't bad, but the 6.2 is so much better. The LS vs LT - LT adds heated leather seats and possibility to add captain seats. Mine did not have lux so it used a key, and I had to add fogs and heated wheel - lux is a better deal...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lacebm2

Latest posts