Loud banging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

_bcstrout

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When i let off the accelerator or lress the break there is a banging. Any ideas. I know its not the exhaust.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
check for any obvious external damage of suspension damage and give the brakes a visual inspecting. grab things like wheels and drive shafts and shake them to check for looseness. see if the banging changes when you put the tranny in neutral after triggering it. if so something between the diffy's and tranny has something very wrong inside. did this happen suddenly or are there more details available?

OP
OP
_bcstrout

_bcstrout

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
check for any obvious external damage of suspension damage and give the brakes a visual inspecting. grab things like wheels and drive shafts and shake them to check for looseness. see if the banging changes when you put the tranny in neutral after triggering it. if so something between the diffy's and tranny has something very wrong inside. did this happen suddenly or are there more details available?

it's been happening for a couple weeks

---------- Post added at 08:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

possibly a wheel bearing blew up? ive only heard them make noise at low speeds breaking and accelerating

I do think I have a wheel bearing going out because I get a death wobble in the steering wheel sometimes even on smooth pavement

1999hoe

aka HOVERHOE
Reaction score
Could be differential does it do it after a stop and also a start ? In these trucks the spline in the drive shaft needs greasing if it dries out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52

Latest posts