Low Coolant Light issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jamison

Chevy Fan
Reaction score
For some reason my Low Coolant light keeps coming on and I've checked the fluids and they look ok. Any thoughts?

Thumper8302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could have a faulty coolant level sensor..... could u tell if any gunk was in the tank?

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem as you but within a couple of weeks my water pump failed, leaked noticably through the weep at the bottom of the water pump! The level didn't really look low or anything but it was just enough to turn the light on, get under your truck and look at the bottom side of your pump and see if it's leaking at the weep hole

OP
OP
Jamison

Jamison

Chevy Fan
Reaction score
I had the same problem as you but within a couple of weeks my water pump failed, leaked noticably through the weep at the bottom of the water pump! The level didn't really look low or anything but it was just enough to turn the light on, get under your truck and look at the bottom side of your pump and see if it's leaking at the weep hole

Yep, good call. This was the issue and it got real bad. I went yesterday and bought a new pump and my father-in-law is putting it on for me today while I'm at work. Thanks for the help all!

bkboatnsleds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this issue too - but it was not my water pump.. It was my heads..

This is what triggered my 6.0L project.. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wyomingguns

Latest posts