Low idle, Traction control and check engine light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
So i got my inspection done a few days after dec and started to notice some "slipping?" when i accelerate. It seems as if the gears are not grabbing and hesitates then if i give it a little more gas, it grabs (noticeably) and accelerates. When i stop at a light, it idles around 500-600 rpm. That seems really low from what im used to and is close to stalling out. When i accelerate around mid 40mph, the traction control light and check engine light sometimes comes on. It flashes traction control off, service stabilitrak. Any guess as if the mechanic missed something or messed something up? Spark plug not gapped right? Hell i dunno?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
CHOO CHOO

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Any ideas gents?

Also, we had snow and i put it in 4high for a while, nothing over 30mph and no major turns. Seems like that was the starting point for it. It came on that day while driving home.
Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

bolo1g2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See that post about the Throttle Position Sensor, I got a letter from GMC describing this issue to me and I took it into the dealership for work today. But it sounds like the Throttle thing that's happened a few of us.

OP
OP
CHOO CHOO

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Well, found out I had two cylinder misfires #1 and #8. Mechanic said oil was getting in the spark plug and said moisture might have gotten to the wires. Told me to keep an eye on it and see if it happens again, if it does, he said I need new spark plug wires. Any recommendations on wires gents? What about making my own?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoeR4065