New engine in, but "check engine" light on and stabilitrac on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
B

BobM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
if you have never had afm disabled in your ecm and delete it mechanically it won't run right.

you need to either have black bear here tune it, have hptuners and disable it, or if you can there's a place you can mail the ecm off and have it done for about 50$. the other way are much more expensive, but you won't have the down time.
No, the snarky shop tuned the ecm years ago to delete the afm. It has run at least 150k since then with no problems. I just assumed that, since they were the ones that tuned the ecm the first time, that I should have them tune it now. They won't since they weren't paid to replace the engine.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, the snarky shop tuned the ecm years ago to delete the afm. It has run at least 150k since then with no problems. I just assumed that, since they were the ones that tuned the ecm the first time, that I should have them tune it now. They won't since they weren't paid to replace the engine.

ahh if they turned it off in the tune before it's still off and nothing needs redone unless you changed out the computer during the swap. tuning for the cam itself, I was thinking you bought a cam to increase performance, like say a stage one or 2 type deal. if it's just a standard stock gm cam without afm I'm guessing they part is OK.

just to be clear your shop had to be one that had a tuning software like hptuners or the like. Just a standard obd2 scanner that a normal repair shop have won't disable afm in the tune.

do you have access to the old engine? I personally would start with checking out that engine for damage.

let me look at those P codes they gave you. hold on.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks like. 175 and. 172 are rich bank 1 and 2.

that could be so many things, probably what's causing the p0300 which is miss fire code.

what do you know about those Amazon injectors? my guess is they aren't the right size or are just cheap. if the old ones test good, might try putting them back on.

do you have any kind of scanner that can show data?

OP
OP
B

BobM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
looks like. 175 and. 172 are rich bank 1 and 2.

that could be so many things, probably what's causing the p0300 which is miss fire code.

what do you know about those Amazon injectors? my guess is they aren't the right size or are just cheap. if the old ones test good, might try putting them back on.

do you have any kind of scanner that can show data?
Looks like I may have someone to tune it. My son has a buddy that has a dyno in his shop and does tunes. He may be persuaded to look it over for me. Here's hoping.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
let us know how it goes.. oh yeah miss fire code that set will. also cause the stability control to throw the warning because it can't work correctly when the engine is missing.

likely from being rich, I have hopes the shop that tunes can see why it's throwing rich codes. should have more experience with stuff like that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoeR4065