Lowering Kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Minitrucker86

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking at dropping my Yukon either 2/4 or 3/4 not fully decided yet. But my question, is the belltech or other big known brand kit really any different than the eBay kits ? I’m definitely going drop spindles and don’t care to drop the extra cash on the belltech kit if it’s really a difference in ride quality or parts quality. I’ve owned many belltech kits but never purchased a eBay kit before

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are they better? Maybe. The big name suppliers are big bc they have a track record of quality. They also have everything you need in one stop.
When someone says “hey I have a kit from McGaughy” I know what they’re dealing with and most big names have great warranties.
If you’re doing spindles up front I’d want a trusted name. Same for the rear springs.
If you’re doing new rear shocks places like Arnott can be had much cheaper than OEM and have lifetime warranties.
I didn’t buy a kit bc I could only afford doing the rear first then the front but I did use McGaughy and Eibach. It’s been 13 years and all I’ve changed was the shocks front and rear.
How much are you planning to save by buying off brand parts?

OP
OP
M

Minitrucker86

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are they better? Maybe. The big name suppliers are big bc they have a track record of quality. They also have everything you need in one stop.
When someone says “hey I have a kit from McGaughy” I know what they’re dealing with and most big names have great warranties.
If you’re doing spindles up front I’d want a trusted name. Same for the rear springs.
If you’re doing new rear shocks places like Arnott can be had much cheaper than OEM and have lifetime warranties.
I didn’t buy a kit bc I could only afford doing the rear first then the front but I did use McGaughy and Eibach. It’s been 13 years and all I’ve changed was the shocks front and rear.
How much are you planning to save by buying off brand parts?
I’m keeping my autoride shocks and it’s about $300 difference

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
The difference is $300 now. If you replace an autoride once, it’s also the last time as they’ve guaranteed for life.

Only a few shock companies do that lifetime thing. I’ve done the Koni on my VW twice since ‘98. Ordering $1,400 in new shocks and getting the same back is awesome. Especially when the Koni were originally $800 a set.

Strangely the price on autoride fell 50% from what the dealer now charges.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$300 is a significant amount, to me anyway. to me. Get the 3” drop springs in a kit that includes shock extenders and carefully read reviews of any off brand parts. If one of them is Detroit Axle beware.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You get what you pay for, at best. Suspensions are probably an area where you don't want to experience a catastrophic failure while tooling down the highway or 20 miles out in the bush lands.

OP
OP
M

Minitrucker86

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
IMG_5330.pngIMG_5330.pngLooking at dropping my Yukon either 2/4 or 3/4 not fully decided yet. But my question, is the belltech or other big known brand kit really any different than the eBay kits ? I’m definitely going drop spindles and don’t care to drop the extra cash on the belltech kit if it’s really a difference in ride quality or parts quality. I’ve owned many belltech kits but never purchased a eBay kit
I’m keeping my autoride shocks and it’s about $300 difference

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t have any experience with Crown or Rideco. It looks like they’re saving money on the spindles. Summit has the McGaughy kit for $589. The kit you showed says for an Escalade so check your fit before you order. If the PO didn’t already replace the compressor and shocks be thinking about that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slow1too