Lube Chart?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grady_Wilson

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back in the 80's, when I worked in construction, all of our equipment had lube charts so we could service them as needed.
A lube chart has all of the lubrication points along with the type of fluid/lube needed and the intervals for each service.
The owner's manuals of my antique cars also included this information.

Is a similar document available for the GMT900s?

I've crawled all over the underside of mine but I want to make sure I am not missing any lube points or using the wrong fluids / lube for my Yukon.

blondie70

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder about mine also. I only know of 2 zerks on mine....two outside tierod ends.

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the 2500s are different, but on my 2500 I have 11 zerks. 4 tie rod joints, 4 ball joints, and three steering joints. They're a PITA, and frankly I'm getting too old for this sh*t and have the Jiffy Lube guys do it.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Because some (read: many) OE parts don't have zerks, and some aftermarket parts do, it's worth a careful inspection to see what's available on yours to grease.

OP
OP
Grady_Wilson

Grady_Wilson

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because some (read: many) OE parts don't have zerks, and some aftermarket parts do, it's worth a careful inspection to see what's available on yours to grease.
I've crawled all over the underside and greased what I could find, but I wanted to make sure I am not missing anything.

Also, since the OEM U-joints are not greaseable, I am going to swap them out for some Moog or Spicer units that can be greased.
I have also been looking into sway bar end links that are greaseable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dapdapdap