Purchased a 2007 Yukon XL, now to make it reliable!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

West 1

Reaction score
When the plastic tray that holds the lifters fails a lifter can turn sideways, it makes a ticking sound very similar to a stuck lifter. If run for much time it ruins the camshaft.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, I will take off the wheels here today or tomorrow and check with my finger. I've already learned not to do that while they are hot! :oops:

I will take a look at the blower motor.

The whining certinally does go away if you cycle the key. It randomly shows up. Would that be a grounding problem as a good place to start?

Yes, but I am already realizing I think that the mirrors need to be replaced. The motors in them to move the mirrors just aren't working. The fold in feature also only works on the driver side. I've seen that these gears get stripped out and I believe they probably are for the interior housing as well. I will end up just getting new mirrors.
the radio/amp could maybe be a ground, but also could be internal failure, loose solder or a component no longer up to *****. like once it gets heated up goes out of spec, etc
the mirrors can be fixed, the adjusting motor is not hard to replace and the folding motor gear takes about 30 minutes to r&r

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the powerstop kit from Rock Auto. I have it listed on my spreadsheet here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GWTJEK0uzQ7C8TjYdxdeBgpUfOwHbz_1gknCLeX2QUc/pubhtml

The break in procedure I followed was in the kit itself. It was
30 stops from 30mph, with 30 seconds in between, I performed this for the front and the rear.

not that following their instructions is incorrect, I just feel this way is better.(see attached) it just takes a long time to complete, so no one would follow thru. I think that's why everyone just recommends the short cut. I haven't had a rotor warp since I starting follow this, even cheap auto parts store ones.

as for your whine in the speaker, I have no idea why and it was an old car when whine in the speakers with aftermarket radios was common. when mine started, I'd pull the battery cables, clean them up and put it back on. whine would be gone. I have no idea if that would still work today thou. but quick easy and can't hurt to try.

Attachments

• Rotor Seasoning & Pad Bedding.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtdelta