matte black?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
def wasnt trying to correct ya... im wanting to do a matte white soon on whichever car i decide to go with when i sell the jag

Isn't kandy color just powered up glass dust? Used to create the reflective look?

Reason I ask..if Matte is all about the type of clear, how about some kandy colors and a matte finish? That look stupid you think??

B

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't kandy color just powered up glass dust? Used to create the reflective look?

Reason I ask..if Matte is all about the type of clear, how about some kandy colors and a matte finish? That look stupid you think??

B

We were actually wondering about doing a black.. with a super heavy blue pearl.. and then matte it out.. so it looks like the rubberized covers on those old motorola flips phones..

I have seen flat black with a little red transition in it before..

Kandy though... kandy is a clear.. and it adds depth by its transparency.. so i THINK if you did a sick kandy.. then matted it out.. it would mute the candy.. and instead of a deep red it would just be red... ORRRRR it could have a sick "sheet of plastic" look too it.. sorta like a dull clear red.. im not sure.. the concept itself is counter productive.. but it doesnt mean it couldnt trun out sick.....

I really wanna do a chameleon paint job.. but then cover the whole thing in a single color kandy.. so like it will have 5 DISTINCT colors.. like in a traditional chameleon.. but instead of green/gold/purple/blue/red.....
it would be BlueGreen/GreenBlue/BluePurple/DeepBlue/Purple

I think that concept could produce some really neat stuff

TEXAS DEMON

with a vengeance
Reaction score
yhea its not cheaper than a regular paint job tell me about it hahahah. i used HOK flat gunmetal na dit was preatrty expensive. but when done rightit looks like its a satin sheet over the metal. perfect.

yukon07Artic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow that matte black looks awesome. I have a white yukon and i was wondering how that'll look on it... I think that matte looks better especially cause it matches the paint job

DTA1904

Reaction score
IMG_6257.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_4872.jpg
[/IMG]

I got a matte black on my tahoe, its a really flat balck compared to others ive seen. no gloss at all some have a slight shine on them like RDs. its a pain in the ass to wash and an even bigger pain in the ass to keep clean, scuffs very easily to..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52