Maybe battery issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dfib

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 08 yuklon xl. I have been experiencing what thought was something draining my battery for a couple of years where my battery dies in 1 to 2 days of not driving. It has been to the dealership multiple times and the battery an alternator have been tested multiple times. It always happens at home so I just hook up my charger until it starts. The battery can be so dead nothing works not even the remote. Lately it is get worse but today it was about 3 hours from when I parked it to when I had to go out again. this time the car barely started but it did and I wanted to try something, I shut it right off. Go to start it and it turns right over and it does this 4 times with the car starting fine every time. what can this be.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have something that is not shutting off with the key that is draining the battery. Do you have anything aftermarket on the Yukon?

OP
OP
D

dfib

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
just a radar detector that I can visually see shutoff when I turn the car off.

Forgot I had a rain bird for automatic wipers installed but the problem was happening before that.

Last edited:

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
A radar detector does not shut off with the car when plugged in the cigarette lighter so I am guessing yours is hardwired?
Most drain are caused by some type of accessory. Do you have power steps?
Navigation system?

OP
OP
D

dfib

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The radar is hardwired and I do have nav but no power steps

OP
OP
D

dfib

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just an update after multiple trips to the auto parts store and the dealership there was a short in the battery even though it tested good. Thanks for all your suggestions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoeR4065