Maybe help clear up several questions about PPV;s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlewis1325

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have always loved police cars and have had about 10 Tahoe PPV,s and maybe clear up some questions people might have!
Tahoe's with PPV package have special programs that make them different. One special code on ECM for aggressive transmission shifts, another code does not shut down RPM or fuel, trucks will run above 140mph! This is not to say that a police dept has requested to limit speed!
Warning! If you own one of these trucks and they have not been disabled be very careful, if you take truck to dealer if they update the computer they will wipe this out and you have a regular Tahoe!
If you buy a used vehicle this program might be deleted, but if you get one that the origional program is in it and say state highway patrol owned it and the origional program is still intact, then you have a beast on your hands!
I have a 2013, silver PPV bought new from Chevy, 80,000 perfect condition, no one ever drove except me, and it is a beast!

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have always loved police cars and have had about 10 Tahoe PPV,s and maybe clear up some questions people might have!
Tahoe's with PPV package have special programs that make them different. One special code on ECM for aggressive transmission shifts, another code does not shut down RPM or fuel, trucks will run above 140mph! This is not to say that a police dept has requested to limit speed!
Warning! If you own one of these trucks and they have not been disabled be very careful, if you take truck to dealer if they update the computer they will wipe this out and you have a regular Tahoe!
If you buy a used vehicle this program might be deleted, but if you get one that the origional program is in it and say state highway patrol owned it and the origional program is still intact, then you have a beast on your hands!
I have a 2013, silver PPV bought new from Chevy, 80,000 perfect condition, no one ever drove except me, and it is a beast!
That's cool stuff. It would be awesome to pull the files off with HP Tuner to compare to stock files.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's cool stuff. It would be awesome to pull the files off with HP Tuner to compare to stock files.

this.. I'm sure someone has done a full read and saved this file using hpt or one of the other ones.

infact if I had 10 from them I'd think a few 100$ for a used hpt dongle would be worth being able to download and save the files incase lost or settings over written.

neat trucks, are they a 5.3?

RVTSP21K

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2013 PPV that I had tuned recently and it's pretty quick for a 5k pound elephant. The speed limiter was set to 99 when my tuner looked at everything. He removed that and did some other stuff like bump the timing a little, firmed up the transmission, disabled AFM, etc. It's a hell of a lot faster than any Crown Vic I was issued when I was an LEO. I remember when our Troopers got new PPV Tahoes in 2007, we couldn't keep up with them in pursuits.

Jimgeorge

Reaction score
How do you know if you still have the PPV program?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukekuhner369