Mimics: iPhone in your car!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Check this video out. You can plug in your iphone and have it display on your in-dash screen. You can actually "swipe" the screen to go through pages just like the iphone and have a different NAV app in your car! (and no it's not just google maps from the iphone... use any app that you have!). You can also pull up live car diagnostics info. If you love your iphone and wish you had it in your car, this is for you. If you have it please chime in. I'm thinking about buying the add on piece for existing double din units. They actually make there own unit.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/21/mimics-helps-you-cope-with-your-sync-less-existence-video/

Young28

The Yukon God
Reaction score
ha very cool. need to get this in my 2500 since thats what im in most of the time.

adam p

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
wonder if theres anything like this available for a win mo phone... i was going to do the ipad2 in dash but if i can get my phone and contents on a larger screen that would work as well

llllljrlllll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is tight, but there has to be something more cost effective, I know that on ebay you can buy the video/audio cable that can be connected to a screen when it has the rca inputs. I wonder what else you need.

llllljrlllll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I looked further into this mimics module. In my opinion it's to expensive. The module itself should go for at least $50, since it's just the basic module, everything else you have to buy. The screen is a lilyput on ebay they go from $80 to $140 depending on who you buy it from. $200 for the screen and the mimics module is fair, but pushing it. Now I don't believe that the $650 option is a good deal, way to expensive. Specially when you can buy the stereo bezel for less than $200. Remember the $650 is just the bezel, touchscreen and mimics module nothing else. They charged you an additional $250 just to put it in the bezel. You still have to buy the adapter and whatever it is that you need to make it work.

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wonder if theres anything like this available for a win mo phone... i was going to do the ipad2 in dash but if i can get my phone and contents on a larger screen that would work as well

Doing it with a winmo or android and using the phone like a mouse.. is simple. using the actual touchscreen on the monitor is a whole nother story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate