Monroe rear air shock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikebrawn1

Reaction score
Looking at changing my factory z55 rear air shocks. I have been searching around ebay and came across the Monroe MA 830. It shows to be a direct replacement after a resistor of course but allows you to use the load leveling still. Has anybody used these and have any reviews? Was looking into the arnotts and found these. Price is definitely appealing! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shock-Absor...ba4d07&pid=100010&rk=6&rkt=12&sd=310921289804

OP
OP
M

mikebrawn1

Reaction score
From looking at the monroe site it says good for an additional 1200 lbs. Kinda curious of what the factory shocks are rated at and what the actual rating on the MA830 is.

OP
OP
M

mikebrawn1

Reaction score
Nobody is running these?? Much cheaper than the arnotts. Can't find weight rating of the arnotts though. The compressed and extended lengths are really close and they show to bolt right in. As long as the air line hooks up should be a direct drop in. (Other than resistor of course)

redemn93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
try them and let us know. price is way cheap. almost too cheap. if not, i have a set of 60k mile z55 rear in good shape. willing to make a deal on them.

OP
OP
M

mikebrawn1

Reaction score
I installed them on my wife's Tahoe. I haven't towed with them yet but the Tahoe rides great.

stephendudra

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good to know..... I am wondering if they are BETTER than a regular shock....

OP
OP
M

mikebrawn1

Reaction score
I also installed the heavy duty springs for a z71 suburban on the rear at the same time. It lifted the back end about 1 1/2. The compressor used to come in every time I started the Tahoe but doesn't now. I need to load a trailer on it to make is squat so the compressor will run and see what happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skchord