Motor sounds LOUD when I leave it parked on with AC for 10 mins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are E fans? Escalade? or where can I find them at? thanks

I'll hook you up on some links. First you can get the fans (DORMAN Part # 620653) at Rockauto.com they are vendor here so you may be able to get a discount. The fans are universal from 07 up and only difference I've seen is they have more blades.

Blackbear.com is a vendor here also and can activate the pins in your pcm to control your fans. they also sell the harness that connects the fans to the pcm and power. You can have them tune your truck as well. they are usually in Dallas once or twice a year so you can do it in person and not have to ship your pcm.

don't go to the junkyards off loop 12 and get ripped like I did. You can buy new cheaper than their scrapped parts. get rid of that noisy ass clutch fan!

getting rid of that clutch fan will make your truck feel a whole lot better and your a/c cooler. best thing I did for my truck.

OP
OP
PwtrSS_OakCliff

PwtrSS_OakCliff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll hook you up on some links. First you can get the fans (DORMAN Part # 620653) at Rockauto.com they are vendor here so you may be able to get a discount. The fans are universal from 07 up and only difference I've seen is they have more blades.

Blackbear.com is a vendor here also and can activate the pins in your pcm to control your fans. they also sell the harness that connects the fans to the pcm and power. You can have them tune your truck as well. they are usually in Dallas once or twice a year so you can do it in person and not have to ship your pcm.

don't go to the junkyards off loop 12 and get ripped like I did. You can buy new cheaper than their scrapped parts. get rid of that noisy ass clutch fan!

getting rid of that clutch fan will make your truck feel a whole lot better and your a/c cooler. best thing I did for my truck.

Thanks man. I really appreciate it. And I was going to go by pick and pull but not anymore since you mention it. You think it's better to change the fans or have blackbear.com do a tune? Plus my A/C only works good on the freeway when i'm driving above 1500 constantly. So the these fans will fit my 2003 right?

also...I was wanting to take the speed limiter off because it only tops 100 and I drive out of town a lot, so a tune might just be good to do this as well.

Thanks for your help bub.!
Antonio

Last edited:

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man. I really appreciate it. And I was going to go by pick and pull but not anymore since you mention it. You think it's better to change the fans or have blackbear.com do a tune? Plus my A/C only works good on the freeway when i'm driving above 1500 constantly. So the these fans will fit my 2003 right?

also...I was wanting to take the speed limiter off because it only tops 100 and I drive out of town a lot, so a tune might just be good to do this as well.

Thanks for your help bub.!
Antonio

Honestly I started out with plans to just have Justin from BB just activate my pcm pins for the efans. I ended up with a full tune. He removes the speed limiter and activates the pins all at the same time. Made my truck feel like a new truck. Glad I did.

Your a.c. may need refrigerant if I needs that many rpms to stay cool. I used one of the $20 qquick charge kits from Wal-Mart on mine and it did the job. Having efans will help it cool down like ice cold.

If your radiator is 34" wide between the tanks or 38" overall the fans will fit. Your truck will already have bolt holes to bolt down the fans. I got some bolts and washers from home depot. Crazy gm didn't finish what they started huh?!.

Looks factory cause it is lol.
za2u3e7u.jpg

Sent from my marble slab!

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just noticed blackbear has a tuning session in ft worth mid October so perfect timing to at least get the tune done. U could add the fans later.

Sent from my marble slab!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trojjan