MPG increase help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dabeech

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 07 Yukon XL 2500. Only getting 10 mpg. Put in new plugs and air filter. Still seems to have a slight hesitation at idle. Clogged fuel injector? Wife drives the rig and she drives like grandma. Did some hwy driving and still only 10 mpg. Suggestions?

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
10mpg is pretty low. Have you tried cleaning the throttle body? How many miles?

Last edited:

rogersinsel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 07 Yukon XL 2500. Only getting 10 mpg. Put in new plugs and air filter. Still seems to have a slight hesitation at idle. Clogged fuel injector? Wife drives the rig and she drives like grandma. Did some hwy driving and still only 10 mpg. Suggestions?

Is it completely stock?

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

14 city- 18 highway is sticker mpg. 4wd.

OP
OP
D

dabeech

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is it completely stock?

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

14 city- 18 highway is sticker mpg. 4wd.

Yes, all stock. Just put some new plugs and air filter in. It only has 54k miles on the truck. Mostly around town driving, but even when I go on a long hwy drive it's only 10 mpg.

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

10mpg is pretty low. Have you tried cleaning the throttle body? How many miles?

Never tried top clean the throttle body. Is it hard or a quick weekend project?

Mr. B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try running a few fuel injector cleaner bottles through it.

Maybe a bad O2 sensor. That can cause a big mileage drop.

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
Yes, all stock. Just put some new plugs and air filter in. It only has 54k miles on the truck. Mostly around town driving, but even when I go on a long hwy drive it's only 10 mpg.

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

Never tried top clean the throttle body. Is it hard or a quick weekend project?

Yes it is easy and can't hurt. A bottle of Lucas Oil fuel injection cleaner couldnt hurt either. Also, make sure your tire pressure is where it is supposed to be. I run mine around 5 lbs below max psi to get the best mpg possible. The harder the tire is the less rolling resistance it will have. Just be carefull not to over fill, and also keep in mind that a warm tire will read about 5lbs more pressure than a cold tire.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dabeech

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I called the GMC dealership. They said that the check engine light would come on if it was a bad o2 sensor.

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

Any online instructions to show how to clean the throttle body out?

young_2010_chris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called the GMC dealership. They said that the check engine light would come on if it was a bad o2 sensor.

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

Any online instructions to show how to clean the throttle body out?

does it have a 6.0?

mite need to change coil packs and wires to im sure it wouldnt hurt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jwaynedoublin1

Latest posts