Muffler size???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scarpin16

Reaction score
So I have been doing a lot of research on getting a new muffler and I've decided to go with Magnaflow. Call me a newb, but I noticed on Magnaflow's website they have so many different variations of muffler sizes and I have no idea which one to pick to make the best sound for me and my truck.

I read somewhere that the bigger the muffler then supposedly the less the drone. I don't know if that's true and I have read a thread on hear that this guy got a 4x9x18 and had slight drone but couldnt hear it when he turned the radio on.

I do know my muffler is 24" long and that the exhaust system Magnaflow sells is a 5x11x22. I would basically like yalls thoughts and opinions on this matter.

Anything is appreciated!! Thanks.

Btw, if anyone is wantin to know I have a 5.3L.

-Steven

Volant1

Volant guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not alway the size its also the makeup of the muffler, If you are looking for a quite system 11x22 will work great for you, I run a 11x24 and with high flow cats, high flow midpipe and headers its still on the quite side under 3000 rpm, check out you tube theres alway people rev'en there motors on that site

06xl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it will work all the installer has to do is add alittle extra pipe..what magnaflow muffler are you looking at (model number)??

OP
OP
S

Scarpin16

Reaction score
it will work all the installer has to do is add alittle extra pipe..what magnaflow muffler are you looking at (model number)??

I wasn't sure which muffler to pick due to all the various sizes. I want great sound w/o the drone. My concern is that I could buy a muffler that won't produce the noise that I want because it's too quiet due to its larger size or something that I don't know about.

Simply, I was wanting ppls opinions on what sizes they have n what sizes they would recommend....

06xl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive did days of research and talked to some fellow members about there setup an ive decided to go with the magnafow 5x11x22 with resonator delete being that its a large muffler it gives a deep low tone with little to no drone and thats exactly what i was looking for due to the fact i have kids an i dont want to spoil the ride for them