Must haves

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Antonm

Reaction score
I'm surprised no one has suggest any PPF (clear paint protection film) to be applied to the vehicle in areas subject to the most rock chips.

If I was purchasing a new vehicle with minimal miles and brand new paint one of the first things I'd do is get some PPF applied to the front nose of the vehicle to include front bumper, front portion of hood, front portion of fenders, and consider doing this for the side view mirrors and rocker panels also.

Has that stuff gotten better in recent years or something? Every paint protection film I've ever seen turned into a yellow cracking disaster that caused more paint damage than it prevented. But it has been a few years since I looked into it/ knew someone that had it.

Cleach

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has that stuff gotten better in recent years or something? Every paint protection film I've ever seen turned into a yellow cracking disaster that caused more paint damage than it prevented. But it has been a few years since I looked into it/ knew someone that had it.
I have had it on different vehicles since 2016, including a 2016 Denali, black paint. White obviously may differ, but for a black vehicle it's perfect. We traded it in in 2022 and there wasn't a single chip to the front end, and still couldn't see the film. I have my 2022 Bronco full front end covered, and getting ready to have our 2024 Denali done as well. Quality film and installer makes the difference.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tend to see & look at the the dash a lot more when driving then I do the "front end, chrome window-trim treatment and rear appointments".

Oooo, snarky!

First of all, it's "than," not "then." Secondly, no one asked for a justification from you as to why interior design is more important to you than exterior design. I didn't qualify my styling preference with "when driving" like you have here, so your snark is misguided.

Antonm

Reaction score
Oooo, snarky!

First of all, it's "than," not "then." Secondly, no one asked for a justification from you as to why interior design is more important to you than exterior design. I didn't qualify my styling preference with "when driving" like you have here, so your snark is misguided.

lol, I'm not the one who's more worried about impressing others with my cool grill and chrome window surrounds than actually driving the thing.
The Denali dash is just dumb, GMC wanted something different, not better, just different, and that's what GMC achieved with that dash. It's the epitome of form over function.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol, I'm not the one who's more worried about impressing others with my cool grill and chrome window surrounds than actually driving the thing.

More moronic trolling.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Denali dash is just dumb, GMC wanted something different, not better, just different, and that's what GMC achieved with that dash. It's the epitome of form over function.
To each their own, but I totally prefer the function of the Denali's Push-Pull PRNDL switches to those in the other trims. Yes, it is the same switch set, but the angle at which it is installed in the non-Denali is a non-starter for me. Perhaps I could get used to it, but the Denali's is almost perpendicular to the floor of the vehicle, where the other trims have it at about a 60 degree angle to the floor...making the P and R a further reach than the L button, by quite a bit. This alone, for me makes the Denali dash better.

As a person taller in stature, I actually prefer the HVAC vents up higher.
And, I prefer having covers over the storage bin (with the wireless charger) and cupholders to hide things in there if/when I park.

I am not one to love the recent fad of the top edge of an iPad sticking up higher on my dash than anything else...up there in the breeze...like it was an afterthought, but this is personal preference. Perhaps, because the bulk of the info I need from the infotainment system is in the HUD, including turn by turn navigation advice, and the audio stuff too (and in the IPC), I am in less of a need to look at that screen, so I don't mind it's slightly lower placement or see it as a functional impediment.

So, be all that as it may, I also like strawberry ice cream...so maybe I am in the minority, but I cannot impune the Denali's dash function. And I definitely think it's form is much more pleasing to the eye.

But, its all good, because GM gave us all a choice, you can get a Caddy, or a High Country and have many of the same amenities in a different form.

Antonm

Reaction score
More moronic trolling.

lol, just like political left, when you don't have a counter argument based in logic or reason,,, resort to name calling and then claim you have the moral high ground.

Thanks though, I did need a laugh today.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To each their own, but I totally prefer the function of the Denali's Push-Pull PRNDL switches to those in the other trims. Yes, it is the same switch set, but the angle at which it is installed in the non-Denali is a non-starter for me. Perhaps I could get used to it, but the Denali's is almost perpendicular to the floor of the vehicle, where the other trims have it at about a 60 degree angle to the floor...making the P and R a further reach than the L button, by quite a bit. This alone, for me makes the Denali dash better.

As a person taller in stature, I actually prefer the HVAC vents up higher.
And, I prefer having covers over the storage bin (with the wireless charger) and cupholders to hide things in there if/when I park.

I am not one to love the recent fad of the top edge of an iPad sticking up higher on my dash than anything else...up there in the breeze...like it was an afterthought, but this is personal preference. Perhaps, because the bulk of the info I need from the infotainment system is in the HUD, including turn by turn navigation advice, and the audio stuff too (and in the IPC), I am in less of a need to look at that screen, so I don't mind it's slightly lower placement or see it as a functional impediment.

So, be all that as it may, I also like strawberry ice cream...so maybe I am in the minority, but I cannot impune the Denali's dash function. And I definitely think it's form is much more pleasing to the eye.

But, its all good, because GM gave us all a choice, you can get a Caddy, or a High Country and have many of the same amenities in a different form.

Wait, you got the truck you got because you like its aesthetics? What a sucker! (Oh, wait -- you said "function." Ok then.) lol

I'm with you. I think it's perfectly fine to have the AC blow from up higher, and I prefer the integrated look of the screen being set into the dash like it is. But having only just learned that the Denali interior was laid out differently than the non-Denali, I would have been fine with either layout in the Yukon.

Speaking of the gear-selection switches... One thing that I'd change is how bright the "D" switch's light is. Fortunately, I've found a good seating/wheel position where the steering wheel essentially blocks that light from view while driving. I wonder if it's more or less obscured from view in the non-Denali layout.

DontTaseMeBro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright my turn to get in on this. I absolutely love that GMC gave the Denali a bespoke layout. Sad that it’s going away. I too, prefer the integrated screen in the dash vs the stuck on tablet look. Looks more upscale and thought out. The gear selector, lol, soooo many people have gotten their panties in a twist over it. It’s simple, clean, easily accessible, and works.

Overall, the 2021-2024 Denali interior is going to age very well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roque44

Latest posts