My 96 2dr (long sorry)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ROTNHOE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Finally getting around to posting for the 1st time.To busy working on Hoe I guess.HA* Picked it up 4/2010 .104,500miles.Far from perfect but not bad. Have quite a large to do list yet, but getting some things accomplished. Things completed:Lower intake gasket,MFI injectors,new radiator,pitman,idler arms,TB crank 1 1/2",285/75-16 BFG KO'S ,new hinge pins,etc.,etc. blah,blah,blah. TYF has been a huge help in all these endeavors. Thanx to all. Current PITA'S: oil filter housing is leaking (i think,need to brake clean down). Have infamous wiper issue. couple other minor leaks.Things to do : KYB shocks,fix all leaks,brake upgrades,etc. Also,after alignment, steering wheel is off a bit.truck doesnt pull though. How does one adjust this?(I Know take it back to alignment shop).

Attachments

• Tahoe1.jpg
    Tahoe1.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 47
  • Tahoe2.jpg
    Tahoe2.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 50
  • Tahoe3.jpg
    Tahoe3.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

BlkYukon95

Reaction score
Welcome! I have always loved the 2 doors. I just got mine 3 weeks ago and this site has been a huge help so far.

Glad to have another 2dr on board!

noJeepshere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a pretty looking 2-door. Of course, take it back to the shop, they didn't finish the job, if the monkey who did the alignment job doesn't want to do, call for the manager. When I went to school for my ASE certs, it was called the "fifth wheel alignment" as the steering wheel is the "fifth wheel"

They're not done.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah shop will have to fix the wheel. your not alone on it, mines not centered all the way either. (thanks 4wheelparts!)

TahoeTaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine isn't centered anymore after my alignment. But they screwed up the first one, and didn't tighten the bolts as much as they should, so I had to bring it back, I'm not bringing it back again. I'll just look for another alignment shop when its time for the next one.

fowldarr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
wipers are an easy fix with a soldering iron. I was scared to do mine, but figured worse case scenario I have to replace the part that is already broken. Followed directions found on the web, have worked great since.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
what is this so called wiper problem??? never heard such a thing, besides most of these trucks squeak like hell when there on..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925

Latest posts