My New car have a problem on oil pressure,, 80PSI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iKrromz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys,

My New Tahoe 2011 LTZ (The ODOMETER about 3100 mile) have a problem on oil pressure gauge it pegged to 80PSI.

the problem started yesterday I was driving regular then I went fast a little, when I stopped at the traffic light I noticed the oil gauge went to 550 kPa(80 PSI) I stopped and turn the engine off and the gauge went to ZERO then I turned the on again and it's have the same problem, the gauge goes to 80 PSI before I even turn the engine ON,

The sound of the engine it's normal, the oil level is good, the temperature is normal I don't know whats wrong , I'm thinking it maybe will be the oil sensor but the thing that makes me freaked out is the car is New!!!

I went to the dealer today and they give an appointment at Saturday and I asked the mechanic, should I parked the car and wait until Saturday and he told me NO there are NO danger in this problem (if the GOD want).

PLZ if any one have any information about this problem I hope he helps me.

02Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's the oil sender, my mother-im-laws done the same thing. I unplugged it and it went to 0.

KimberHDII

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Agreed it's the oil pressure sending unit. Normally they are designed to FAIL to a HIGH PRESSUER READING. The reason for that is; on newer vehicle the Engine Computer monitors everything ( to include oil pressure). If it fails to NO PRESSURE, the computer (based on design) will go to reduced engine power or turn off based on the software.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pjoe1320