OR VietVet Is Still Throwing $$$ at 2005 Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, don't be tempted to leave the panel in place and rip out the DDM. You'd be sorry, unless it's been done before and that screw mount in the bezel is already broken.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yeah, don't be tempted to leave the panel in place and rip out the DDM. You'd be sorry, unless it's been done before and that screw mount in the bezel is already broken.
Yea, I am aware that the phillips screw is there. I want to remove the panel anyway to lube the window tracks. The rear track intermittently has a very slight squeak when the top of window is about 6" from closing.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
So, looks like I am going to be spending a small amount of money on my Tahoe. Couple days ago my left t/s intermittently stopped flashing. The green arrow light would light up and stay on but was flickering a small amount. Right t/s always works. The left t/s works 99% of the time. I dug in and did some research, because in my build thread you will see that within the last 3 years I installed a new combination switch, Genuine GM part.

Research showed this is common for certain models from 1999-2007. Also showed that the problem is 90% on the d/s. Have to pop the dash cluster bezel off and then remove two 7mm screws and remove the lower cover under the steering column. To the left is the flasher relay/module. Two different part numbers at RA depending on RPO codes. I can get an aftermarket Novita LM487 or the Genuine GM 10383320. $64.94 for the GM, shipped from RA and discount included. I can get the same GM part at my local Auto Zone for $52.49 minus 10%. That blew me away. Thankfully, the process should take less than 15-20 minutes. I will post the results.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So, looks like I am going to be spending a small amount of money on my Tahoe. Couple days ago my left t/s intermittently stopped flashing. The green arrow light would light up and stay on but was flickering a small amount. Right t/s always works. The left t/s works 99% of the time. I dug in and did some research, because in my build thread you will see that within the last 3 years I installed a new combination switch, Genuine GM part.

Research showed this is common for certain models from 1999-2007. Also showed that the problem is 90% on the d/s. Have to pop the dash cluster bezel off and then remove two 7mm screws and remove the lower cover under the steering column. To the left is the flasher relay/module. Two different part numbers at RA depending on RPO codes. I can get an aftermarket Novita LM487 or the Genuine GM 10383320. $64.94 for the GM, shipped from RA and discount included. I can get the same GM part at my local Auto Zone for $52.49 minus 10%. That blew me away. Thankfully, the process should take less than 15-20 minutes. I will post the results.
On my 03, if my steering wheel is turned even a little and I use the right turn signal my high beams go on. And I have the Fleece light mod lol. Doesn't do it if the wheel is straight. For me to get the highs to not come on I have to pull in the stalk a little bit. I'm thinking it's the multi switch. It does have over 300k on it.
Figure I'd just throw this in.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I did my multi switch in my build thread when it was still working but stem was getting sloppy. I sold the old one. Yours sounds like the same switch.