NBS brake flutter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tat2dtrash

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey. New to the forum and to owning a Tahoe. Bought it about 3 months ago and still working on getting it right. Have already been tearing all the bull@#$t off of it and will post pics of before and after soon. In the meantime, I have aweful brake problems. There is a slow speed brake flutter. I can hear it and feel it in the pedal, like an ABS problem. I had an old company vehicle that did the same thing. Is this a common problem? Hope to get an easy answer before I spend two weeks chasing down the problem.lol I searched it on the forum and couldn't find anything. If there is another thread on this problem, please direct me there. Thanks in advance.:emotions122:

OP
OP
T

tat2dtrash

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No. Thats whats crazy, and it only does it at low speeds, like backing out of a parking space, or a slow approach to a stop sign. Sometimes, if I let off of the brake and re-apply, it will go away. Seems to brake fine any other time. No pulling or grinding. I was thinking it might be the ABS motor. Not sure though.

NJTaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is there an ABS light on? any codes??

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

:emotions122:

OP
OP
T

tat2dtrash

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No codes at all. No Lights. It doesn't do it all the time, either. Only on occasion, and not ever in the same occasion. Not just when it's cold, hot, off camber, nothing in particular, just at random.

OP
OP
T

tat2dtrash

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No doubt.lol The thought has crossed my mind. That link sounds like that might be the same problem. I appreciate it. I will definately look into it more. Thanks.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey. New to the forum and to owning a Tahoe. Bought it about 3 months ago and still working on getting it right. Have already been tearing all the bull@#$t off of it and will post pics of before and after soon. In the meantime, I have aweful brake problems. There is a slow speed brake flutter. I can hear it and feel it in the pedal, like an ABS problem. I had an old company vehicle that did the same thing. Is this a common problem? Hope to get an easy answer before I spend two weeks chasing down the problem.lol I searched it on the forum and couldn't find anything. If there is another thread on this problem, please direct me there. Thanks in advance.:emotions122:

I literally just walked in from putting the final fixes on my brake system (new FR brake hose, rebult EBCM ABS/TC control module, new ceramic pads on new slotted rotors and a new caliper, plus new fluid). I know exactly what you're talking about. It sounds to me like you have warped rotors. Look into that and let me know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pjoe1320