Need advise on chrome delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Apj912

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone, just wanted to say upfront that I'm not a car expert and I don't know much about customizing rides. I'm based in NY and I'm thinking about getting some upgrades for my 2024 Chevy Tahoe High Country. Specifically, I want to do a chrome delete. Here's a list of the parts I want to blackout:

- Window trim
- Roof rails
- Front bumper trim
- Front upper grill
- Rear bumper trim
- Rear hatch valance
- Door handles

I've talked to a few people who do vinyl wrapping, and they've warned me against doing the door handles and roof rails because they might not hold up as well as the other parts. Has anyone here done a complete chrome delete and faced any issues? I'd really appreciate it if someone could recommend a place where I can get this blackout work done. Or if there's another method of blacking out that can last for at least 6 or 7 years, please let me know.

Thanks a bunch!

pribilof

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

No experience with these kits but they look great on the YT videos

OP
OP
A

Apj912

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I checked out the website and reached out to them to confirm if the front grill would fit the Tahoe High Country, but they said it wouldn't. It's also quite pricey, and I would need a professional to help with the installation. So, I decided to pass on this option.

OP
OP
A

Apj912

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Thanks for sharing. I checked out the website and reached out to them to confirm if the front grill would fit the Tahoe High Country, but they said it wouldn't. It's also quite pricey, and I would need a professional to help with the installation. So, I decided to pass on this option.

everytrueson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Trim Illusion is what i used for the grill and door surrounds on my LT, unsure if the same as the High Country. I wrapped part of the bottom, and replaced a few front and rear bumper part on my own to black. Getting the roof rails painted black in 2 weeks by a shop here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trojjan