Need help finding my AMP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gator

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
3 door speakers are not working????

Well I just got out of the high performance diesel truck game and I just picked up a "new" to me 07 Tahoe. I noticed yesterday that 3 of the door speakers are not working for some reason. I pulled the radio out last night and by the looks of the bolt heads it seems like it had never been out before. Has anyone had an issue with the factory head unit going bad and not sending the signal to certain speakers or are the factory speakers known for just going out?

I looked on EBAY with hopes of finding a head unit that I could buy and throw in it and see if that was the issue, but damn those things are high dollar. Anyone out there wanna loan me a head unit so I can diagnosis the problem??

Thanks and Merry Christmas

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
don't forget it could be the amp as well. Hard to say where to start (headunit or amp) because if you get a new headunit, you'll have to pay GM to code it to your VIN. It might be worth paying the dealer to troubleshoot whether it's the amp or head unit

OP
OP
G

Gator

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
With my Tahoe not having Bose will it have a amp?? The only thing that I found behind the head unit yesterday was the Continental box.

OP
OP
G

Gator

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2007 Tahoe LS, NON BOSE, NON CENTER CONSOLE

I'm trying to locate the factory speaker amp due to three of the four door speakers having stopped working. I pulled the head unit and found a aluminum box under it, but it says "Continental" on it. It's the same logo as the tire manufacturer so it leads me to believe that its not an amp.

Anyone know where this dang thing is located?

Thanks

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no need to make different threads for the same issue. It's inside your center console. underneath your cup holders

OP
OP
G

Gator

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry about that.

My Tahoe doesn't have a center console with cup holders. It has a fold down center console with the cup holders in that. It raises up and makes like a third seat. Kind of like the third seat in the Silverado trucks.

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

Not my Tahoe but this is what mine looks like on the inside in the front.

Che402040dgPV%20Web.jpg

Mechahead

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if the speakers were actually faulty. It seems that almost every GM truck of this body that comes thru at work needs at least one speaker. I did an 08 avalanche that only had tweeters. All the rest were inoperative with no visual damage. Put new factory speakers in and it was all good.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry about that.

My Tahoe doesn't have a center console with cup holders. It has a fold down center console with the cup holders in that. It raises up and makes like a third seat. Kind of like the third seat in the Silverado trucks.

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

Not my Tahoe but this is what mine looks like on the inside in the front.

Che402040dgPV%20Web.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if the speakers were actually faulty. It seems that almost every GM truck of this body that comes thru at work needs at least one speaker. I did an 08 avalanche that only had tweeters. All the rest were inoperative with no visual damage. Put new factory speakers in and it was all good.

Well then. As Mech said, it's possible it's the speakers (or the head unit) then. If you're good with electronics, you could tap into the speaker wires behind the head unit and test them. What are you fully wanting to do to the system though? Keep everything as stock as possible? Get decent sound?

Sorry, didn't know you had a base model in the other thread. I'll merge the 2 threads so we can continue dealing with the same issue. I totally missed the non-bose/amplified part.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

Gator

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well I checked that box under the radio again and it has a plug going into marked GPS and several others. I'm not sure if its the amp or not. Now though my chimes are really weak sounding and sometimes you can't even hear them. This leads me to belive that its like the threads that I've read on here about the plug coming loose off of the factory amps. The "C2" plug. I guess I'm gonna unplug these the plugs from this box and see if the working speakers stop and see if its the amp????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968