New 2023 Tahoe needing help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FD72

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just got a new 2023 PPV Tahoe and was wondering if anyone knows how to turn off the small overhead light(not the touch lights that come on when doors open ) it stays on all the time. Also I know the radio control switches on the steering wheel come disabled from Chevy and was wondering if anybody has any idea of how to reactivate / reprogram them or fix them in some way. Thanks in advance.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon. Post pics please. Cannot help with your concerns but others will chime in.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the led light you can just unplug it. Steering wheel lights probably requires programming but in that case they would probably just make it all civilian. You would have to ask the dealer to clarify

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got a new 2023 PPV Tahoe and was wondering if anyone knows how to turn off the small overhead light(not the touch lights that come on when doors open ) it stays on all the time. Also I know the radio control switches on the steering wheel come disabled from Chevy and was wondering if anybody has any idea of how to reactivate / reprogram them or fix them in some way. Thanks in advance.
If you're not talking about the touch lights, what light are you talking about? (I've got a Yukon Denali and don't know the lights layout of the Tahoe, but we should be able to figure it out.)

OP
OP
F

FD72

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is the light I am referring to.

Attachments

• IMG_4586.jpeg
    IMG_4586.jpeg
    137.6 KB · Views: 6

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the light I am referring to.
There's no way to turn off that light. You could put tape over it, or if you want to not have tape showing on your OHC trim panel, you can easily take it off - then block off the light and reinstall the panel.

In this thread I posted pics of how to remove the OHC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukekuhner369