New 99 Tahoe 2 door owner has questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brewcity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!!
I am a proud owner of a new (to me) 99 2 door Tahoe 4X4!!!
It has 84,000 miles on it, so I was wondering what is the first course of action for maintenance on it? Also...is there anything I need to know to look for in the upcoming miles or anything I should replace right away?
Thanks so much for the help...I look forward to a long membership here!

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
a full tune up and perhaps a professional type of fuel injection cleaning or replacement and a detailed inspection of vehicle.

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

Fluids and filters to.

OP
OP
Brewcity

Brewcity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a full tune up and perhaps a professional type of fuel injection cleaning or replacement and a detailed inspection of vehicle.

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

Fluids and filters to.

Thanks a lot for the help. Are injectors an issue?
I will be having my mechanic give it a good one over, and having him do a full tune up as well.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
injector assembly is an issue. And getting the parts we here recommend can be gotten cheaply and doing it yourself will save you a significant amount of money.

OP
OP
Brewcity

Brewcity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
injector assembly is an issue. And getting the parts we here recommend can be gotten cheaply and doing it yourself will save you a significant amount of money.

Thanks again...I am all for doing it myself, so can you point me in the right direction as to what injectors I need, and how to install them?
Or should a search on injector replacement come up with what I need?

Bigbody250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do a search for spider injector... It's cost 250 online from amazon, looks to be fairly simple install. If your decent with a wrench 3-4 hours

OP
OP
Brewcity

Brewcity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do a search for spider injector... It's cost 250 online from amazon, looks to be fairly simple install. If your decent with a wrench 3-4 hours

Thanks a lot for the help...I really appreicate it!
Anything else I should be concerned about?

Bigbody250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not really, these things have their quirks... Nothing bad but just annoying things like interior pieces coming loose, gas gauge fluttering and the push button four wheel drive sometimes is a little temperamental...

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
http://www.amazon.com/Delphi-FJ10566-Fuel-Injector/dp/B000TYLIFS

bastard just jumped $40 in price since yesterday. it happens. goes up and down all the time. also get this gasket set to get the plenum and tb gaskets.
http://www.amazon.com/Fel-Pro-MS90269-Plenum-Gasket-Set/dp/B000C2GE6K/

gaskets will most likely cost the same locally but The delphi spider will probably be at least $400 or more if bought locally at stores.

On a side not if you are up to it I would actually recomend too that the intake system be regasketed as well this would allow you to take the manifold assembly and have it cleaned at a engine shop. You are most likely to find it horribly dirty when you open up the top half of it to do injectors. this will get you better sealing between the cooling system and intake ports which can go bad every now and then.

OP
OP
Brewcity

Brewcity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.amazon.com/Delphi-FJ10566-Fuel-Injector/dp/B000TYLIFS

bastard just jumped $40 in price since yesterday. it happens. goes up and down all the time. also get this gasket set to get the plenum and tb gaskets.
http://www.amazon.com/Fel-Pro-MS90269-Plenum-Gasket-Set/dp/B000C2GE6K/

gaskets will most likely cost the same locally but The delphi spider will probably be at least $400 or more if bought locally at stores.

On a side not if you are up to it I would actually recomend too that the intake system be regasketed as well this would allow you to take the manifold assembly and have it cleaned at a engine shop. You are most likely to find it horribly dirty when you open up the top half of it to do injectors. this will get you better sealing between the cooling system and intake ports which can go bad every now and then.

Thanks a lot for all the help...and the links!! VERY helpful!
I will definitely be doing all of this.

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

Not really, these things have their quirks... Nothing bad but just annoying things like interior pieces coming loose, gas gauge fluttering and the push button four wheel drive sometimes is a little temperamental...

Thank you foe the advice...so should I be worried about the push button 4X4? That makes me nervous! Whats the cost to fix that if it goes...cant imagine it would be a small repair.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HIGHHOPES