New AC Delco Shocks Broken?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NW94Z

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ordered a set of rear shocks for a 2007 RWD Tahoe and I'm questioning what I got. Opened up the box and the shock was compressed but nothing was keeping it compressed like a strap. Both shocks were the same. I tried to compress the shocks further but the won't budge. So next I tried to uncompress or expand the shocks and with some effort I was able to fully open each one up. I could then recompress them. It took some effort and they open and close relatively slowly but is this normal. I've never seen a shock that wasn't "charged" that would have to be forced to compress but would uncompress itself without anything keeping it compressed. These are supposed to be heavy duty shocks. Part # is ACDELCO Part # 52568 and I bought them off of RockAuto. Is something wrong with them or is this normal and will they actually work in my application?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52