New guy from No. Illinois

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The correct term is either Yukahoscalaban, or Escyuburbscalahoe, still not sure.
I currently run a 2008 6.2L Denali and I can tell you it loves a 25 - 30% blend of E85 and 87. You will get less MpG, but on par with normal 87 octane.
Way less per fill up, channels the internal animal of the engine, and smells good. I can't justify premium to get just 1 more MpG.
I'll enjoy the power, cleaner engine, and similar economy.
I'd do 25% E85 in the summer, but 33% E85 in the winter.
Summer E85 is E80-something, but winter E85 is E50-something.
A friggin truck that'll run with most any factory stock 60's musclecar.
But, no. I have several cars I get my kicks with and the Yukon is strictly for DD so I'll leave it alone.
I suppose I could get why you'd want to avoid tuning the L92 (actually, I don't, but to each their own, as you do, and all that)
but tuning the 6L80E will help it last FAR longer.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The correct term is either Yukahoscalaban, or Escyuburbscalahoe, still not sure.I'd do 25% E85 in the summer, but 33% E85 in the winter.
Summer E85 is E80-something, but winter E85 is E50-something.
I suppose I could get why you'd want to avoid tuning the L92 (actually, I don't, but to each their own, as you do, and all that)
but tuning the 6L80E will help it last FAR longer.
Good to know about the ethanol values. I was actually thinking similar blends to try and counteract the crappy winter blend fuels that lower performance and mpg

Hobert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Chicago Western Suburbs. When I'm up near the border at the Wonder Lake house I cross the border to Genoa City WI and smuggle in some good gas with no ethanol.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I'm sure that you will love that 07. I know that I do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HIGHHOPES