New guy from Raleigh, NC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hephaestus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, I'm Jake. I have a 2 door 1997 GMC Yukon 4x4 that is my daily driver. Currently, I'm in the process of building a new motor for it. I'm glad to find a good active forum.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum , im from fayettville

sent from my vortec powered droid 4 using tapatalk

OP
OP
Hephaestus

Hephaestus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcomes

A bit of the background story of my Yukon. I bought it in 09, I have wanted one since I was about 15. It already had a "salvage" title when I bought it which was due to a theft according to Carfax. I had it about 2 years and wrecked it, totaling it a second time. It broke my heart but I fixed it and kept trucking. Back in May of this year I was T-***** when a lady ran a redlight. Until recently, I was fighting with the insurance company and they finally agreed to pay for the damages after getting the NC Insurance Commissioner involved. I started building the engine before all this was settled so I opted to finish the build first and then focus on the bodywork. I'm very much a function over form kind of guy. This is a pic shortly after I bought it. I would share a picture of what it currently looks like but it still needs quite a bit of work. So my Yukon and I have a rough history but I can't really imagine driving anything else.

Attachments

• DSC_0230.jpg
    DSC_0230.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 10

slipping

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your destruction but awesome your keeping it alive! Good luck with your build man. Truck looks good in that pic! You staying w/ same color or starting new?

OP
OP
Hephaestus

Hephaestus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not sure yet. I've never been a huge fan of it's stock color, I'm heavily entertaining the idea of black. My parts truck is a 96 Chevy Tahoe, kind of a gold color so it's red and gold right now. I'm trying to sell my K-5 to get some funds for the bodywork. The hood, fender and door I used the parts truck but the accident damaged the right rear corner as well... and unfortunately I can't really swap that out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustGibby