new guy with a question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lino5034

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
well here goes i just bought a 97 tahoe i got it dirt cheap i was planing on lifting it thought about doing 3 inch suspension and 3 inch body i was wondering what would be a good size tire to put on it i was thinging of a 35 on a 16x8 wheel. i will post some pics when i get home. also if any body is got a set up like this i would like to see what it looks like
tahoe.jpg

tahoe2.jpg

tahoe3.jpg

tahoe4.jpg

Last edited:

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice truck. With 6" of total lift I would run a 35x12.5 on the 8" wheel would be a nice fit. I also wouldn't spend money on a 3" kit, save a little more and get a 6" kit and don't crank it up until you need a little more.

Lifting can add up quick if you do it right, here is a quick run down.

Lift kit 6" $1K +
new tires and wheels 35s $1500ish
gears front and rear, parts only with a locker $1K +
misc. parts that break or just need fixed as you go $300 lets say

Now keep in mind that is not including labor.

Now a body lift is $200 lets say and with that and cranking up your stock keys and a 2" block out back or there abouts to get the stance you like. for a few hundred bucks ou get a good look. Then throw some 33-35" tires on and be done with it.

Lots of options, my advice is to find a truck that you like the looks of. Show us that and we can tell you how to get there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx